1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam has vacancies for two tenure track positions in Computational Soft Matter. The field of soft condensed …
We are looking for three work group teachers. As a work group teacher in the courses Academic Skills for Psychologists (AS) and Research Project 1 (RP1) for …
We are looking for three work group teachers. As a work group teacher in the courses Academic Skills for Psychologists (AS) and Research Project 1 (RP1) for Psychologists, you will teach communication skills and research skills that students require to successfully participate in academic programmes and, later on, function as a scientist practioner. Through a wide range of tasks and activities, you train students in the above-mentioned skills on the basis of a fixed psychological topic, based on your area of expertise. This topic is related to one of the three main domains in psychology that are being studied at Radboud University: Brain and Cognition, Development and Mental Health, and Behaviour and Environment.
The courses AS and RP1 both consist of an intensive educational programme in which you supervise weekly 2-hour workgroup meetings with a maximum of 20 students per group (you will supervise two or three groups: 0.35 FTE and 0.45 FTE respectively). In addition, a substantial part of your will consist of assessing interim and final products. You will also function as a mentor, i.e. keep track of students’ study progress.
Weekly work meetings will be held with fellow teachers and the coordinators of the AS/ RP1 courses on Thursday afternoon. Work group meetings take place from Monday to Wednesday.
- you have a Master’s degree in Psychology;
- you have a thorough knowledge of and practical experience with oral communication skills, written communication skills and research skills;
- you have demonstrable teaching experience and an affinity with education for beginning psychology students;
- you have demonstrable affinity with research;
- you have expertise in the domains Brain and Cognition, Development and Mental Health and/ or Behaviour and Environment;
- you have excellent English language skills and are able and willing to teach in English;
- you are willing to do an English language skills assessment.