Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology/Experimental Psychopathology and Treatment
The School of Psychology (Radboud University) and the Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) are looking for an Assistant Professor. Your principal …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5826 - € 5826 per maand
The School of Psychology (Radboud University) and the Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) are looking for an Assistant Professor. Your principal responsibilities will be to contribute to the teaching programme at the School of Psychology (Clinical Psychology Section) and to the Experimental Psychopathology and Treatment (EPT) research programme. The offered position involves equal amounts of teaching and research time.
You will teach at the department of Clinical Psychology, which trains science practitioners to acquire sound scientific knowledge of psychopathology and its treatment and so that they will be able to conduct scientific research and apply evidence-based methods of assessment and clinical intervention. To this end, students are taught research and clinical skills and gain knowledge of psychopathology and mechanisms of change. You will teach at the level of the Bachelor's degree programme in Psychology, the clinically oriented Master's degree programme, and the Research Master's programme at the BSI.
You will conduct your scientific research as part of the Experimental Psychopathology and Treatment (EPT) research programme , which is embedded in the Behavioural Science Institute. The major aim of the research group is to contribute fundamental scientific knowledge to the domain of abnormal psychology. This aim is pursued by experimental studies of cognitive, neuro-affective, and biological processes in psychopathology. We study their role in the development and maintenance of psychological problems as well as their role in the processes of change. The combination of fundamental research with clinical applications is a particular strength of EPT. You will join a large and vibrant research group that highly values collaboration and support.
You will have a combined (50%) teaching and (50%) research position. You will be expected to regularly apply for external grant-based funding.
- Hold a PhD degree in an area relevant to Clinical Psychology; candidates with a background in experimental psychopathology, intervention research, neuro-affective research or clinical diagnostics and decision-making are encouraged to apply.
- Have an excellent track record in academic teaching.
- Be in the possession of a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or willing to obtain such a certificate within 12 months. Candidates who are passionate about teaching, facilitating and assessing student learning, and mentoring in a collaborative environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Have a strong, internationally competitive academic record and show evidence of a productive research trajectory.
- Show a proven track record of being successful in the acquisition of external research funds.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to best practices in research, such as Open Science practices (e.g. pre-registration; transparency in reporting research, e.g. research designs, data analysis steps; sharing of data and analysis methods, etc.).
- Have developed national and international collaborative networks.
- Have received clinical training or have clinical experience; i.e. be able to diagnose, assess, and analyse clinical problems, and be able to apply evidence-based therapeutic or preventive interventions, and/or have counselling skills.
- Be a team player. That is, you have excellent social skills and the ability and desire to collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines (including colleagues at the Behavioural Science Institute).
- Have the ability and willingness to contribute to organisational tasks.
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 level or higher).
- Have a very good command of Dutch or the willingness to learn this language within two years.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11 or 12 is applicable).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: an initial appointment for two years, with the possibility for a permanent position after an positive evaluation.
- The intended start date is 1 November 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
E.S. Becker, Full Professor Clinical Psychology
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature