Assistant Professor of Communication & Information Studies
As Assistant Professor of Communication & Information Studies you will be part of the Department of Language & Communication, teaching courses in the …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 uur
- € 5826 - € 5826 per maand
As Assistant Professor of Communication & Information Studies you will be part of the Department of Language & Communication, teaching courses in the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes in Communication & Information Studies, and conducting research within the Centre for Language Studies. We are specifically looking for a colleague with teaching and/or research expertise in the broad discipline of corporate, marketing and/or persuasive communication.
You will participate in teaching in the Bachelor's tracks in Communication & Information Studies and International Business Communication, and the Master's track in Communication & Persuasion. You will teach on such topics as the characteristics, representation and effects of messages in various modalities, and the strategic use of communication towards target groups, specifically in marketing, organisational, and health communication contexts, and you will apply both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
Your research will be embedded in Radboud University's Centre for Language Studies, one of the world's leading Language & Communication research institutes. You will contribute to empirical research on CLS's focus areas, particularly in the focus area of Discourse & Communication.
You will pursue grant application opportunities. In addition, you will participate in the department's administrative tasks.
- An MA degree in Communication and Information Studies, Business Communication, Applied Linguistics, Communication Science, Social Psychology, or a related discipline.
- A PhD degree in Language and Communication, or Communication Science, or a related subject.
- High proficiency in the English language (C2-CEFR).
- Proficiency in Dutch: if Dutch is not the candidate's mother tongue, we expect proficiency in Dutch at the C1 level within two years after appointment.
- Demonstrable experience in academic teaching at BA and MA levels and course development.
- A good publication track record within the language & communication or the corporate communication discipline in international refereed journals of high quality.
- Familiarity with Dutch academic context.
- Employment: 32 hours per week (0.8 FTE).
- A maximum gross monthly salary of €5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 3 years.
- The intended start date is 1 February 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Professor José Sanders, Head of Department Language & Communication
Tel.: +31 (0)24 361 28 02