Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor of Finance
As an assistant professor you will be part of the finance group at the Department of Economics and Business Economics of the Nijmegen School of Management …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
As an assistant professor you will be part of the finance group at the Department of Economics and Business Economics of the Nijmegen School of Management (NSM). The position includes both research and teaching. You will primarily be expected to conduct high-quality research in finance or economics and related fields with a link to finance. Expertise in behavioural/experimental methods can be an advantage, but is not required. This position is expected to result in a series of high-quality publications. The Nijmegen School of Management explicitly encourages interdisciplinary research. You will further be expected to provide high-quality courses in finance and economics at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, and to supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s theses. The ability to teach corporate finance and supervise theses in this field will be an advantage.
- You hold (or shortly expect to obtain) a PhD degree in Business Administration, Economics, Psychology/Decision Sciences or a related field.
- You are highly motivated and have the potential to build a record of excellence in both research and teaching in corporate finance, financial economics, behavioural/experimental finance, financial decision making or a related field.
- An excellent record in academic teaching, as evidenced by good teaching evaluations, and a willingness to obtain the University Teaching Qualification within the first 4 years of the contract.
- You should have working papers or potential revise-and-resubmits, or have published articles in leading international journals in the field of finance, economics or a related field.
- Experience with the acquisition of research funding is valued as well.
- Excellent English language skills in oral and written communication, Dutch language skill can be an advantage, but are not required.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 6 years (tenure track), leading to a tenured position depending on academic performance.
- The intended start date is 1 January 2021 or later.
- Under special circumstances, applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
prof. dr. S. Zeisberger, Professor of Financial Economics