Assistant Professor of Qualitative Empirical Methodology
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for an Assistant Professor to strengthen our Responsible …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5826 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for an Assistant Professor to strengthen our Responsible Organisation programme. More specifically, we are looking for candidates with expertise in qualitative empirical research methodology as used in the social and management sciences. You will be part of the chair group of Research and Intervention Methodology.
Are you willing to contribute to the further development of our research and teaching programmes? Are you the committed scholar who is able to inspire our students with cutting-edge research on responsible organisations? If yes, you will be tasked with teaching in the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes in Business Administration, conducting research in line with the Responsible Organisation programme, publishing in international high-quality journals, attracting external grants/funding for research projects, acquiring and supervising PhD projects, building international networks with businesses and academics, and contributing to the department's administration and management. The assistant professor position at the Department of Business Administration requires an aptitude for research and a strong track record in high-impact publications on our core themes, as well as a heart for teaching. Above all, we are seeking a highly motivated, committed and collaborative candidate with a cooperative attitude and strong team skills.
- Expertise in qualitative empirical research methodology as used in the social and management sciences.
- A PhD degree in business administration, management or organisation studies.
- A pipeline of publications and an excellent reputation, evidenced by publications in internationally recognised high-quality journals.
- A track record in attracting research funding, or the desire and ambition to do so.
- Ample teaching experience, proven effective teaching skills, the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods, and proven ability to supervise the development and implementation of academic study programmes. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to inspire and supervise young scholars (PhD candidates).
- Proven ability to cooperate with and inspire a team of professionals.
- Strong connections with organisational and business practice.
- Substantial international experience and network.
- Excellent English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch.
- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. Salary scale 11 may apply.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: fixed-term contract for two years.
- The intended start date is 1 August 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. Etiënne Rouwette , Chair Holder Research and Intervention Methodology