Full Professor Correlated Electron Systems in High Magnetic Fields
A Full Professor at HFML-FELIX, which is part of the Faculty of Science at Radboud University. As a researcher, you will be responsible for leading an …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8371 - € 8371 per maand
A Full Professor at HFML-FELIX, which is part of the Faculty of Science at Radboud University. As a researcher, you will be responsible for leading an independent research group, which includes establishing and maintaining an internationally competitive research programme, acquiring research funding - possibly in collaboration with external academic and/or industrial partners - and supervising and guiding PhD candidates and scientific staff. You will contribute to the development and execution of the teaching programme of the educational institute for Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy (WiNSt).
HFML-FELIX builds on a strong background in cutting-edge advanced spectroscopy using high magnetic fields, intense infrared/THz radiation and a combination thereof. As a full professor you will strengthen the research line in correlated electron physics, aiming to understand novel phases of matter that emerge from strong electronic correlations in solids. Many material systems exhibit these phases, and recent progress in sample fabrication and growth creates novel opportunities to tailor their properties. High magnetic field facilities can be operated to either suppress or induce novel phases and, at the same time, provide a powerful toolbox with which to probe their emergent physical properties through a wide range of experiments, many of which are available at HFML-FELIX. You will have the opportunity to develop additional novel instrumentation to suit your research programme.You will develop and teach courses in Physics within the faculty's Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes and supervise students during their Bachelor's and Master's projects. You should be an internationally renowned researcher with a PhD degree in physics, who aims to use the extreme conditions created by high magnetic fields to study and control correlated electron systems. A wider focus should also underpin our broad research portfolio based on a large-scale research infrastructure, as well as high-quality teaching within the faculty's educational programmes.
- A highly motivated scientist with an outstanding track record and strong network in correlated electron physics and a clear vision on how to establish and maintain a competitive research group in this research field.
- A researcher who is willing to participate in projects of a multidisciplinary nature and to attract and support external users of the research infrastructure.
- An inspirational lecturer with a clear vision on the development and execution of educational programmes, proven teaching skills, and experience with modern ways of conveying knowledge.
- Experience with supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- A scientist who has shown competence in acquiring external funding for his/her research with an eye on potential applications and links to industry.
- A candidate who is willing to cooperate and represent our institute in national and international research organisations and networks.
- An inspirational academic with proven managerial and organisational experience, who will contribute to the administrative and organisational tasks of the Faculty of Science and HFML-FELIX and their educational programmes.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week (0.8 - 1.0 FTE).
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8,371 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: permanent contract.
- The intended start date is 1 April 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. P.C.M. Christianen, director HFML
Tel.: +31 24 365 2245