Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Dordtse Schoolvereniging - Dordrecht
Full Professor: Science with intense Infrared / THz Radiation in High Magnetic Fields
You will be appointed as a Full or an Associate Professor at HFML-FELIX, which is part of the Faculty of Science at Radboud University. As a researcher, you …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8371 - € 8371 per maand
You will be appointed as a Full or an Associate Professor at HFML-FELIX, which is part of the Faculty of Science at Radboud University. As a researcher, you will be responsible for leading an independent research group, which includes establishing and maintaining an internationally competitive research programme, acquisition of research funding – possibly in collaboration with external academic and/or industrial partners – and supervision and guidance of PhD candidates and scientific staff. Your teaching activities will be carried out within the Educational Institutes for Physics and Astronomy and/or Molecular Sciences.
HFML-FELIX builds on a strong background in cutting-edge advanced spectroscopy in high magnetic fields with intense infrared/THz radiation and has now started to expand these activities towards the world-unique combination thereof. As (Associate) Professor you will commence a new research line at this novel interface of highest DC magnetic fields and intense infrared/THz radiation and initiate a cutting-edge research programme exploiting the exceptional opportunities for control and manipulation of matter. Possible areas of interest cover a broad spectrum, including, for example, pulsed magnetic resonance techniques at the highest DC magnetic fields for the elucidation of the structure of proteins, manipulation of spins in next-generation photovoltaics and THz control of quantum or topological materials. A wider focus should also underpin the aspect of a broad research portfolio of our large-scale research infrastructure as well as teaching within the faculty’s educational programmes. You should be an internationally renowned researcher with a PhD degree in (bio)chemistry or physics, who aims to use the extreme conditions created by the high magnetic fields and intense laser radiation to study, control and manipulate molecules and materials.
Therefore, we are looking for:
• An enthusiastic and entrepreneurial scientist with an excellent track record and the potential to conduct research with high magnetic fields and intense infrared and THz to initiate a novel, internationally recognised research area within HFML-FELIX.
• A researcher who is willing to participate in projects of a multidisciplinary nature.
• An inspirational lecturer with proven teaching skills and experience with modern ways of conveying knowledge.
• Experience with supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
• A scientist who has shown competence in acquiring external funding for his/her research and has affinity with applications and industry.
• A candidate who is willing to cooperate and represent our institute in national and international research organisations and networks.
• An academic with proven managerial and organisational experience, who will contribute to the administrative and organisational tasks of the Faculty of Science, HFML-FELIX and their educational programmes.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8.371 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- Appointment as an Associate Professor who has the potential to grow into the role of Full Professor is also possible. An Associate Professor will be employed as an Associate Professor level 2 (salary scale 13, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,317) or Associate Professor level 1 (salary scale 14, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,940), depending on your scientific track record and experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: permanent contract.
- The intended start date is spring 2021.
- HFML-FELIX provides an open and dynamic research environment in which people are encouraged to bring their research to full fruition. Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities. The university offers customised facilities to better align work and private life. Parents are entitled to partly paid parental leave and Radboud University employees enjoy flexibility in the way they structure their work. The university highly values the career development of its staff, which is facilitated by a variety of programmes.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
prof. dr. Britta Redlich, director FELIX laboratory
Tel.: +31 24 365 39 47
prof. dr. Peter Christianen, director HFML
Tel.: +31 24 365 22 45
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature