PhD Candidate in Algebraic Topology
An outstanding and highly motivated PhD candidate to work on a PhD in equivariant homotopy theory. The research goals of the project are flexible and will be …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3061 - € 3061 per maand
An outstanding and highly motivated PhD candidate to work on a PhD in equivariant homotopy theory. The research goals of the project are flexible and will be adjusted to align with your interests and strengths; in general you will focus on studying equivariant cohomology theories. You will work on the PhD project under the supervision of Dr Magdalena Kedziorek. The position is funded for 4 years and has a light teaching load. You will be encouraged to attend and take part in conferences and seminars, and to communicate your findings through publications in peer-reviewed journals. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a PhD from Radboud University.
- Master's degree in Mathematics completed before the start date.
- Strong background in algebraic topology or related areas.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week (0.8 - 1.0 FTE).
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,395 per month, and will increase to €3,061 in the fourth year (p scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract) or 3.5 years (5 year contract).
- Your education task may be up to 10% of your appointment.
- The intended start date is 1 February 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Magdalena Kedziorek, Assistant Professor