PhD Candidate in Sensorimotor Neuroscience
We are looking for a motivated PhD researcher to perform model-driven studies of perception and decision making. You will participate in the NWO NWA ORC …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2434 - € 3111 per maand
We are looking for a motivated PhD researcher to perform model-driven studies of perception and decision making. You will participate in the NWO NWA ORC project 'Brain and AI for safe navigation'. The goal of this project is to advance our understanding of how humans are able to act in complex and uncertain circumstances, and how such knowledge can be applied to smooth our interaction with emerging autonomous vehicles. The whole project encompasses a broad spectrum of academic, industrial and societal partners and includes a large group of researchers. The PhD project is focused on the role of sensory and motor signals related to self-motion in the processes of target selection, object avoidance, and response behaviour. Mentoring BSc and MSc students and teaching related tasks will also be part of your responsibilities. This education task may be up to 10% of your appointment.
- You have an MSc in cognitive neuroscience, psychology, artificial intelligence, engineering or a related field.
- You have a proven affinity with experimental research in humans and/or mathematical modelling of behaviour.
- You have demonstrable experience with techniques for quantitative data analysis (e.g. Matlab or Python).
- You are highly motivated to conduct interdisciplinary empirical research.
- You have good collaborative and communication skills.
- Employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,434 per month based on a 38-hour working week, and will increase to €3,111 in the fourth year (salary scale P).
- You will be employed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional informationFor questions about the position, please contact Prof. Pieter Medendorp, Professor of Sensorimotor Neuroscience at +31 24 361 60 41 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature