PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer in Multi-actor Governance Initiatives
Mounting social and environmental challenges arise from business conduct in global supply chains, including violations of human and labour rights or …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2836 - € 4474 per maand
Mounting social and environmental challenges arise from business conduct in global supply chains, including violations of human and labour rights or corruption. As a PhD Candidate, you will investigate the dynamics involved in negotiation, implementation and adaptation of these multi-actor governance initiatives. Your insights can help tackle such challenges in the future and lead to new and responsible forms of governance.
As a PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer you will have both research (50%) and teaching (50%) duties for a 6-year period. You will work on a PhD project under the supervision of Dr Nora Lohmeyer, Dr Stefan Schembera and Prof. Kristina Lauche. The research you will conduct for your PhD thesis concerns Responsible Governance in Global Supply Chains. Supply chains face complex social and environmental challenges that require new forms of governance to compensate for the lack of global public regulation and to involve a variety of public and private actors.
This project aims to provide a better understanding of the ongoing dynamics involved in the negotiation, implementation and continuous adaptation of such multi-actor governance initiatives. It will take a process approach to advance scholarly knowledge of these ongoing dynamics across multiple (intra-organisational, inter-organisational, societal) levels by addressing such questions as: How can organisations account for reflexivity and adaptation in the governance of global supply chains? How can they ensure sustained motivation and engagement of the policy makers and adopters involved?
Your teaching responsibilities will include giving tutorials/lectures in the Bachelor's degree programmes offered by the Department of Business Administration, as well as in the Master's programmes in Organisational Design and Development. You may also be involved in the supervision of Bachelor's and/or Master's theses. Whilst holding this position, you will be given the opportunity to obtain your university teaching qualification.
- You have obtained a Master's degree in Business Administration, with a keen interest in responsible organising.
- You are enthusiastic about teaching and working with students. Experience with teaching at a university level is preferred.
- You have a genuine interest and experience in academic research, especially in the area of organisational responsibility and organisational change.
- You have strong methodological skills, qualitative skills in particular.
- You have strong conceptual thinking skills.
- You have excellent writing skills (in English) as evidenced by writing samples.
- You have the ability to work in a research team and a willingness to take initiative.
- You have the ability to finish your PhD thesis in time, i.e. strong skills in project management, flexibility and proactive behaviour.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,836 and a maximum of €4,474 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 6 years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional informationFor questions about the position, please contact Dr Nora Lohmeyer, Assistant Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact Prof. Kristina Lauche, Full Professor at email@example.com.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature