3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Geleen
PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer in Sustainability-oriented Change
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a PhD/Junior Lecturer for its Organisational Development and …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2836 - € 4474 per maand
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a PhD/Junior Lecturer for its Organisational Development and Design group. As a PhD/Junior Lecturer, you will have both research (50%) and teaching (50%) duties for a 6-year period. You will work on a PhD project on sustainability-oriented organisational change and innovation under the supervision of Dr Armand Smits, Dr Stefan Heusinkveld and Prof. Kristina Lauche. Sustainability governance mechanisms like management ideas, codes and standards have become increasingly prevalent as a way to shape and reshape business practices. This project will focus on how organisations and insider activists engage with these outside governance mechanisms and their surrounding ecosystem. It connects how such mechanisms come about and are diffused at societal level with their organizational translation, implementation and use. Methodologically we are aiming at an in-depth process study and a systematic comparison across cases, potentially in the healthcare sector.
Your teaching responsibilities include giving tutorials/lectures as part of the Bachelor's degree programmes offered by the Department of Business Administration and as part of the Master's degree programmes in Organisational Design and Development. You may also be involved in Bachelor's and/or Master's theses supervision. Whilst holding this position, you will be given the opportunity to obtain your university teaching qualification.
- You hold a Master's degree in a relevant field of Business Administration or Management or equivalent.
- You have academic excellence, as demonstrated by your grade transcripts and CV.
- You have excellent writing skills, as evidenced by a chapter from your Master's thesis, a forthcoming or published article, or a presented conference paper.
- You have the ability to develop a research proposal in the area of strategic management, governance and digitalisation, datafication, or platformisation.
- You have the ability to teach in English; Dutch teach skills would be an advantage.
- You are enthusiastic and highly motivated to teaching and work with students. Experience with teaching at a university level is preferable.
- You have a genuine interest and experience in academic research, especially in the area of sustainability and organisational change.
- You have strong methodological skills and conceptual thinking skills and qualitative skills in particular.
- You have strong project management skills, flexibility and a proactive attitude so that you will be able to finish your PhD thesis in time.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,836 and a maximum of €4,474 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 6 years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional informationFor questions about the position, please contact Dr. Armand Smits, Assistant Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact Kristina Lauche, Professor at email@example.com.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature