Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
PhD Candidate on Software Security for IoT
As our world is becoming increasingly digitalized, the Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly. As a PhD candidate, you will look into possibilities to …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2434 - € 3111 per maand
As our world is becoming increasingly digitalized, the Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly. As a PhD candidate, you will look into possibilities to improve the security of software in IoT devices. This way, we can work towards safer digital ways to enhance our life and work.
Depending on your interests, you can also look into the wider questions of security evaluation and certification of the software in general and IoT devices in particular, using, for instance, testing (fuzzing) or static analysis. You will be expected to present your research at international computer security conferences and workshops and try out your ideas in case studies.
- An MSc degree in computer science.
- A strong interest in and affinity with security and software.
- Solid programming skills.
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Good critical thinking and communication skills.
- Employment: 0,8 (5 year contract) - 1,0 FTE (4 year contract).
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,434 per month based on a 38-hour working week, and will increase to €3,111 from the fourth year onwards (salary scale P).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract) or 3.5 years (5 year contract).
- The intended start date is as soon as possible.
- Your teaching load may be up to 10% of your appointment.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Erik Poll, Associate Professor