Postdoctoral Researcher for Analysis of Quasilinear Parabolic PDEs
With leading research, we can answer important questions about the world of today and tomorrow. That is why critical thinkers and team players who are eager …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2846 - € 4490 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingWith leading research, we can answer important questions about the world of today and tomorrow. That is why critical thinkers and team players who are eager to contribute have a part to play. As a postdoc, you will work on a research project in the field of partial differential equations funded by NWO.
We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the field of partial differential equations funded through NWO grant OCENW.KLEIN.358. The project addresses quasilinear parabolic equations arising in mathematical models for biofilm growth. The position has a duration of 20 months, does not carry any teaching duties, and will be supervised by Dr Stefanie Sonner. The starting date is June 2022. Applicants from groups that are underrepresented in Science are particularly encouraged to apply.
The research project focuses on the mathematical analysis of quasilinear reaction diffusion systems modelling the growth and formation of bacterial biofilms. Characteristic features of these systems are the degenerate diffusion coefficients for the biomass fractions comprising a power-law degeneracy (known from the porous medium equation) and a super diffusion singularity. The aim is to establish well-posedness results and to investigate qualitative properties of solutions such as their regularity and long-time behaviour. Applicants should hold a PhD degree in mathematics and have some background in nonlinear partial differential equations and/or reaction-diffusion systems.
- You hold a PhD degree in mathematics, or you are on track to obtain one before the start of the project.
- You have some background in nonlinear partial differential equations and/or reaction-diffusion systems.
- You are an enthusiastic mathematician and are eager to contribute to the research project.
- You are able to work as part of a team and independently.
- You have a good proficiency in English.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,846 and a maximum of €4,490 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 20 months.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.