Postdoctoral Researcher in Data Analysis for Smart Manufacturing in the Circular Economy
As a postdoctoral researcher, you will be involved in two projects in collaboration with industry. One project uses advanced algorithms and extensive process …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4402 - € 4402 per maand
As a postdoctoral researcher, you will be involved in two projects in collaboration with industry. One project uses advanced algorithms and extensive process data systems to optimise environmental performance in semiconductor production. The other project aims to optimise plastic sorting in the Circular Economy using process analytical data and innovative Industry 4.0 algorithms. The position will involve strong collaboration with industry and will also involve methodological innovations in data science for industry. You will supervise student internships in your own research line, and you may also be involved in teaching. You will work at two departments, in teams of several young researchers. Interaction between researchers to benefit each other's projects is a key value within both departments.
- You have a PhD degree in either Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with demonstrable interest in data science, chemometrics and/or artificial intelligence, or a PhD degree in Data Science/Artificial Intelligence or a related discipline with a demonstrable interest in the quantitative analysis of physical/chemical data.
- You have experience with programming in MATLAB/R/Python or similar.
- You have good communication skills in English, both in writing and verbally.
- You have a demonstrable track record in oral presentations and publication of scientific papers.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.402 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 12 months, after which your contract can be extended by at least 6 more months.
- The intended start date is 1 October 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Jeroen Jansen, Associate Professor
Tel.: +31 6 21 55 34 44