Postdoctoral Researcher in Mass Spectrometry-based Proteomics and Stem Cells
Are you an experienced biologist/chemist looking for a new challenge? As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will work to develop low input mass spectrometry-based …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2836 - € 4474 per maand
Are you an experienced biologist/chemist looking for a new challenge? As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will work to develop low input mass spectrometry-based proteomics workflows towards single cell resolution. You will work in the collaborative environment of the Department of Molecular Biology, which focuses on uncovering the molecular basis of development and cellular differentiation in health and disease.
We are looking for an ambitious postdoctoral researcher with ample expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics technology. Your task, as a postdoc, will be to implement data-independent acquisition (DIA) workflows on state-of-the-art instruments from Thermo Scientific (Exploris 480) to develop low input mass spectrometry-based proteomics workflows towards single cell resolution. These workflows will be applied to various cell culture models that we recently established in the lab, such as organoids, blastoids and gastruloids. You will also collaborate with other lab members in ongoing proteomics-based projects. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to develop novel ideas and work on additional independent projects that align with this research theme.
- You have obtained a PhD in molecular biology, analytical chemistry or a related field.
- You have experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics technology, including sample preparation, preferably on Orbitrap mass spectrometers from Thermo Scientific.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- You have strong analytical skills and a result-oriented attitude.
- You demonstrate creative thinking and a high degree of independence.
- Experience with mammalian cell culturing and/or bioinformatics analysis of large (proteomics) datasets is an advantage.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,836 and a maximum of €4,474 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2 years with the option for extension.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.