Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoctoral Researcher in Sociology
The Department of Sociology at Radboud University seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher to further strengthen its research. For this position we seek a candidate …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
The Department of Sociology at Radboud University seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher to further strengthen its research. For this position we seek a candidate with a research agenda in sociology. Possible domains of research may be related to inequality, family sociology, migration and integration issues, political sociology, or other domains that are part of the Department's research programme. Your ability to formulate relevant questions on these themes and provide rigorous answers is demonstrated by publications in flagship journals in sociology. You will be expected to have expertise in and affinity with advanced statistical techniques. Efforts to create connections between academic research and public and policy debates will be appreciated.
You will be expected to perform and publish top-quality research on a relevant sociological topic. You will collaborate with researchers from the Department and with external scholars and be actively involved in writing grant proposals. Furthermore, you will have a small teaching task in collaboration with one of the other staff members (0.2 or 0.3 FTE) and, generally, you will be an inspiring member of staff.
- A PhD degree in sociology, or an associated social science field (political science, educational sciences, gender studies, communication sciences). If you are close to completing your PhD, please state the defence date.
- An excellent track record in scientific research, as evidenced by publications in international academic journals.
- Good social, communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, advanced research methods and techniques.
- Preferably experience in the acquisition of external funding.
- Expertise in teaching at an academic level. Mastery of the Dutch language is a requirement.
- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: temporarily, 2.5 years.
- The intended start date is 1 July 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. Gerbert Kraaykamp, Director of RSCR
Prof. dr. Ellen Verbakel, Head of the Department of Sociology
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature