Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Postdoctoral Researcher in Sport Sociology and Inequality in Sport Participation under COVID-19
The Sociology Department at Radboud University seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher to further strengthen its research in sport sociology and inequality in sport …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
The Sociology Department at Radboud University seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher to further strengthen its research in sport sociology and inequality in sport participation and active living. This research position is part of a 2-year research project on ‘Inequality in sport and physical activity under COVID19: Importance of sport for a resilient society’ funded by ZonMw. We are looking for candidates with experience within the domain of inequality and active lifestyle or sport participation. The project provides ample opportunities for data collection and sophisticated quantitative analyses of existing datasets. As a postdoctoral researcher, you will be responsible for the tasks described in work package 1 of the attached research proposal. In addition you will be part of the project team and contribute to the general progress, outreach and impact of the project.
You will be expected to:
- Perform and publish top-quality research on the topic of social inequality and sport participation.
- Collaborate with researchers from the Sociology Department and with external scholars.
- Perform minor teaching tasks in collaboration with a staff member.
- Be an inspiring member of our staff.
- A PhD degree in sociology, or an associated social science field. If you are close to completing your PhD, please state the defence date.
- An excellent track record in scientific research, as evidenced by publications in international academic journals.
- Good social, communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, advanced research methods and techniques.
- Expertise in teaching at an academic level.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years.
- The intended start date is 1 December 2020.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Remco Hoekman, Senior Researcher of the Department of Sociology
Tel.: +31 6 12 02 00 82
Gerbert Kraaykamp, Professor and Director RSCR