Bioinformatician for metabolics
We are looking for a bioinformatician who will develop and implement automated analysis pipelines for existing and novel diagnostic tests within the …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2961 - € 4078 per maand
We are looking for a bioinformatician who will develop and implement automated analysis pipelines for existing and novel diagnostic tests within the Translational Metabolic Laboratory.
You will establish, maintain and further optimize data analysis pipelines for metabolomics and glyco-proteomics data from sample to final (diagnostic) report. This includes workflow automation, integration with the Laboratory Information Management system and reference database development. You will work in a challenging environment, characterized by inter-disciplinary research and innovation, high dynamics, and a patient-oriented drive.
The work is performed together with laboratory specialists, laboratory technicians and a senior bio-informatician. In addition, you will work in close collaboration with bioinformaticians from the department of Human Genetics and laboratory information management system administrators.
We are looking for a highly motivated bioinformatician with the ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment at the cutting edge of science. Further:
- You have a master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Software engineering, Bioinformatics or equivalent.
- Strong computer programming skills, experienced with software development, preferably in Java.
- Experience with Linux and preferably with high performance computing systems.
- Preferably you have prior experience with proteomics/metabolomics.
- You're a team player with good communicational skills, pro-active and eager to learn new things and develop yourself.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christian Gilissen, PhD, Associate professor Genome Bioinformatics and Head of bioinformatics via +31 (24) 366 89 40. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before February 21, 2020.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.