Bioinformatician translational tumor genetics
The Laboratory tumor genetics (LTG) seeks a bioinformatician with a focus on tumor genetics. The bioinformatician will participate in setting up innovative …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2911 - € 4615 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingThe Laboratory tumor genetics (LTG) seeks a bioinformatician with a focus on tumor genetics. The bioinformatician will participate in setting up innovative bioinformatic analyses methods and workflows for somatic genetic analyses,.
The bioinformatician will closely collaborate with two bioinformaticians who are dedicated to the development and implementation of novel analyses for tumor diagnostic applications to identify acquired aberrations and will be embedded in the bioinformatics team of the department of Human Genetics that mainly focuses on constitutional genetic aberrations.
LTG is a collaborative effort between the departments of Pathology and Human Genetics, that offers the latest genetic technologies for the diagnosis and treatment selection of cancer patients and performs internationally recognized research on tumor genetics. LTG works closely with the diagnostics division of the department of Human Genetics for the use of innovative genetics technology such as short and long-read sequencing technology. LTG and the diagnostics division are internationally recognized for applying the latest genetic technologies in patient diagnostics and for their expertise in cancer molecular diagnostics, sequencing technologies and bioinformatics.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Implementing and developing innovative technologies and bioinformatics for tumor diagnostics in close collaboration with laboratory specialists.
- Implementation of innovative tumor diagnostics tools and workflows.
You have the drive to optimize patient care through development and implementation of innovative bioinformatic solutions in close collaboration with laboratory specialists and other members of the bioinformatic team.
- A Master degree in bioinformatics or equivalent.
- Experience in bioinformatic genetic analyses.
- Preferably experience in the field of somatic tumor genetics.
- A PhD in bioinformatics or related discipline is preferred.
- Effective communication skills, which includes an ability to engage in technical conversations across disciplines, notably including medical disciplines.
- The mentality of a team player who inspires and gets inspired.
ConditionsWorking at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. And there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At Radboud university medical center, you will be given trust, and you will take the responsibility to handle everything together. We provide annual courses, both professional and personal.
- In addition to your monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- If you work irregular hours, you will receive an allowance.
- As a full-time employee (36 hours per week), you are entitled to approximately 168 vacation hours (over 23 days) per year.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. You pay the rest of the premium with your gross salary.
- You get a discount on health insurance as well: you can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.