Data scientist / postdoctoral researcher CMBI
Within the contexts of the national large-scale X-omics research infrastructure (coordinated by Prof. Alain van Gool, RadboudUMC) and the European Joint …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2750 - € 4361 per maand
Within the contexts of the national large-scale X-omics research infrastructure (coordinated by Prof. Alain van Gool, RadboudUMC) and the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJPRD, coordinated by Dr. Julkowska, Inserm, Paris), we are looking for an ambitious data scientist, who develops data analysis and integration approaches for large-scale -omics data and is dedicated to the introduction of these approaches in personalized health care. The candidate is committed to the counselling and training of biomedical researchers in these computational approaches. The candidate will contribute to the realization of a digital research environment (DRE) where these computational approaches can be applied and which contributes to the Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability and Reusability (FAIRness) of data, tools and services.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and benchmark computational approaches for the analysis of X-omics data;
- Leading role in analysis of relevant X-omics data sets from disease (primary immunodeficiencies, intellectual disability syndromes, rare diseases such as myotonic dystrophy) and population cohorts;
- Advise and support biomedical scientists and clinicians, and support and train them in X-omics analyses and FAIR data management;
- Co-develop software, tooling, services, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) / policy around the FAIR capture, analysis and publication of data and metadata;
- Participation in national and international meetings and communities such as the X-omics infrastructure, the Dutch Techcentre for the Life Sciences, Europe's bioinformatics infrastructure ELIXIR, the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases, RD-Connect;
- Work with the Radboud Technology Center Data Stewardship to optimize the DRE for the needs of handling -omics data.
- PhD in a relevant discipline (data science, biology, bioinformatics, computer science, artificial intelligence);
- Proven ability to develop new algorithms and / or methodology;
- Ability to drive scientific projects, as apparent from publication record;
- Excellent programming skills in a relevant language (python, R, Java, C++, …);
- Experience with data modelling and knowledge of formal data representations is preferred;
- Enjoying work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Peter-Bram 't Hoen, professor of Bioinformatics via +31 (0) 24 361 97 63.
Please apply before 27 December.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.