PhD candidate 'Effects that the gut microbiome exerts on emotion regulation in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)'
We are looking for a motivated scientist to work on a project about emotion regulation in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is a …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2357 - € 3020 per maand
We are looking for a motivated scientist to work on a project about emotion regulation in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is a project with a lot of possibilities, as it involves brain (neuroimaging), behavior and gut-brain (microbiom) research. You will join the team The IMPACT2 project (part of the IMPACT consortium).
According to the DSM-5, ADHD is a condition with no intrinsic emotional component. However, literature on childhood ADHD shows that emotion regulation problems are frequent and strongly affect quality of life in terms of education, profession, social functioning.
Our project will investigate biological underpinnings of emotion regulation including neural substrates (through structural and functional MRI), genetic risk factors, and environmental influences. It will generate new insights into the influence of diet and the microbiome on neurobiological determinants of ADHD taking into account the influence of host genetics, lifestyle, socio-economic environment, and variations in food culture. For this study, we can rely on extensive, high quality infrastructure of existing datasets. In addition, new data are also collected.
The project will set-up a novel approach combining brain imaging with microbiome research and is supervised by Dr. Martine Hoogman, Dr. Alejandro Arias-Vasquez, Prof. Han Brunner and Prof. Barbara Franke.
We offer you a full time (100%) position for 3 years, with an optional extra year. You will be employed at the Department of Human Genetics of the Radboudumc and have the opportunity to collaborate and interact with renowned experts in the fields of psychiatry, microbiology, neuroscience, bioinformatics and genetics. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn novel (analytical) techniques, '-omics' analysis and work with cutting edge approaches. Also, you will participate in carrier-developing training opportunities and receive direct advices to develop as a successful and happy independent researcher.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You will become a member of the IMPACT2 hands-on team and will contribute to (neuroimaging) data collection for the IMPACT2 project;
- You become a member of the international IMPACT group taking part in (international) scientific meetings;
- Contribute to development of new knowledge on the subject of emotion regulation in ADHD;
- Perform scientific research, writes scientific publications and presents findings at meetings.
- A highly motivated scientist with a Master's degree in cognitive neuroscience or an adjacent field (psychological, biological, or biomedical) with affinity with psychiatry/psychiatric disorders;
- Experience with neuroimaging analysis (fMRI) is highly recommended;
- Strong experience on statistical analysis;
- The ability to participate in an interdisciplinary research environment with a goal-directed attitude and good organizational skills;
- Capacity to communicate in Dutch (with patients/participants) and fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience with linux environment, R coding, shell scripting or other (bio)infomatics tools is a major plus;
- Good communication and social skills, who is willing to guide junior researchers and who enjoys working as part of a team.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Applications should consist of an up-to-date CV (including publications) as well as a personal motivation letter and two letters of recommendation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Martine Hoogman or from Dr. Alejandro Arias-Vasquez. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 30 May.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature