Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD candidate 'Predictive modelling in the ICU in sepsis caused by central venous catheter infection'
As a PhD candidate, you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the research project 'Predictive modelling in the ICU in sepsis caused …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2422 - € 2422 per maand
As a PhD candidate, you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the research project 'Predictive modelling in the ICU in sepsis caused by central venous catheter infection'. You work, under supervision, on the development of AI models related to central venous catheter infections and on the implementation of a usable application in daily ICU practice.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Publish your research in scientific journals and conferences, write research reports and complete your education with a dissertation.
- Present your work in scientific meetings, conferences and workshops.
- You actively participate in meetings and activities of researchers within the ICU and the AI department.
- You have a Master's degree in one of these two areas:
- Health science research (Biomedical Sciences, Technical Medicine, Medicine) with a demonstrable interest and skill in data science or;
- Data science, AI or machine learning with a demonstrable interest in medicine or healthcare-related topics·.
- Experience with statistical data analysis. You can analyse both quantitative and qualitative data autonomously. You know how to summarize your results in a scientific report and how to visualize them using scientific visualization tools.
- Demonstrable experience in scientific programming in languages such as Python or C++.
- Interest in the practice of hospital healthcare and you are willing to work on the challenging translation of data science into clinical practice.
- You are team player and you have good social skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Dutch proficiency.
ConditionsThe salary depends on education. Scale 10 will be offered to MSc medical graduates; those holding degrees in other disciplines will be offered scale 10A.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationBesides a letter of application we also would like to receive 2 references.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Tim Frenzel, Intensivist. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before November 20, 2019.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.