3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoc 'Application of Cellular Metabolomics in genetic disease’
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious post-doc to lead our projects on cellular metabolomics. The current job is a key position in a large …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2659 - € 4216 per maand
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious post-doc to lead our projects on cellular metabolomics. The current job is a key position in a large innovation project within our laboratory to establish mass spectrometry based -omics methods in genetic disease research. Metabolomics in body fluids is already widely used to identify patient-specific signatures for fast diagnostics and treatment monitoring. We successfully introduced plasma metabolomics in genetic & metabolic disease diagnostics and now aim to expand this to intracellular metabolism. This includes cellular metabolomics methodologies for flux analysis. The applicant will interact closely with bio-informaticians, mass spectrometry specialists, and staff and technicians specialized in various genetic diseases. He/she will be involved in the design and validation of existing and novel methods, with a first goal to cover sugar metabolism and central carbon metabolism, and later extension to additional metabolic pathways. Additionally, the candidate will support mass spectrometry developments in the metabolomics group.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with demonstrated expertise in mass spectrometry to expand our targeted and untargeted metabolomics methods in cellular models. The ideal candidate is able to attract grant money and write high-impact scientific manuscripts to establish an own line of research beyond the 4-year contract.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design and implement novel methodologies for cellular metabolomics using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (Triple Quad and QTOF);
- Contribute to creative solutions for the translation of complex data to a clinically relevant result, together with bioinformaticians, technicians and laboratory specialists;
- Active role in the further development of a mass spectrometry core;
- (co-)Writing of grants and scientific manuscripts.
- Academic degree in analytical chemistry (PhD);
- Expert knowledge on analytical chemistry, metabolomics and extensive hands-on experience with tandem- and/or high resolution mass spectrometry is a requirement, preferably at post-doctoral level;
- Preferably experience with metabolic flux analysis;
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and ambition to succeed in translational academic research;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Capacity to share expert knowledge on different levels, both in a practical setting as well as in presentations.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be a screening based on the provided CV. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Applications should send a letter of intent outlining their specific interest in the position, overall related qualifications, experience and career goals, a curriculum vitae and details of professional references.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Dirk Lefeber, associate professor Glycosylation Disorders and Dr. Richard Rodenburg, Clinical Laboratory Geneticist Mitochondrial Medicine, who can be contacted through the TML secretary office via +31 (0)24 3614567. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before August 14, 2018.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.