Creating a dynamic model
Postdoc 'Effects of Nutrition and Lifestyle on Impulsive, Compulsive, and Externalizing behaviours'
Our project will suggest possible solutions and take innovative research approaches, including linked social innovation aspects, and involve many stakeholders from a variety of disciplines.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 29 uur
We are looking for motivated scientists to work on the effects that the gut microbiome exerts on human impulsive and compulsive behavior. You will join the team of the recently EU-H2020 funded project “Effects of Nutrition and Lifestyle on Impulsive, Compulsive, and Externalizing behaviours“ (Eat2beNICE).
Our project will generate new insights into the influence of diet and the microbiome on multi-faceted impulsivity (including hyperactivity, attention deficit, unplanned reactions, emotional instability, aggressiveness, and other antisocial behaviours) and compulsivity disorders (including addictive behaviour), taking into account the influence of host genetics, lifestyle, socio-economic environment, and variations in food culture. Our project will suggest possible solutions and take innovative research approaches, including linked social innovation aspects, and involve many stakeholders from a variety of disciplines.
We offer you a part time (80%) position for 4 years. You will be employed at the Department of Psychaitry of the Radboudumc and have the opportunity to collaborate and interact with renowned experts in the fields of psychiatry, microbiology, neuroscience, bioinformatics and genetics. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn novel (analytical) techniques, ‘-omics’ analysis and work with cutting edge approaches. Also, you will participate in carrier-developing training opportunities and receive direct advices to develop as a successful and happy independent researcher.
Tasks and responsibilities
The applicant will:
- Become a member of several hands-on teams of different ongoing (collaborating) projects and will contribute to data analysis;
- Become a member of the international IMPACT group, taking part in (international) scientific meetings;
- Contribute to development of new knowledge on the subject of microbiota effects in neurodevelopment through gut-brain axis physiology;
- Perform scientific research, writes scientific publications and presents findings at meetings.
Who are we looking for?
- A highly motivated scientist with a PhD in biology, microbiology or related fields with experience in microbiome analysis, statistics, bioinformatics and computer programming;
- A scientist who aims to work in an interdisciplinary environment at the cutting edge of science and has an affinity with fundamental research related to human disease;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must;
- Strong experience on statistical analysis is a big plus;
- A scientist with theability to participate in an interdisciplinary research environment with a goal-directed attitude and good organizational skills;
- A person with good communication and social skills, who is willing to guide junior researchers and who enjoys working as part of a team;
- You recognise yourself in the Radboud way of working.
Scale 10.3/10.4 : max. € 44687 gross income per year at full employment (incl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Alejandro Arias-Vásquez. Please indicate “Eat2beNICE Postdoc application” in the subject line of your e-mail. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Applications should consist of an up-to-date CV (including publications) as well as a personal motivation letter and two letters of recommendation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG). Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy film.
Our key strength is medical life-sciences and clinical practice, with an impressive infrastructure comprising state-of-the-art technology platforms and (translational) research facilities. The Radboudumc is therefore uniquely positioned in the emerging Euregio and Dutch healthcare infrastructure to play a leading role in the new healthcare paradigm of prediction, prevention and personalised medicine.
The Radboudumc focuses on scientific health challenges of today, with an eye on emerging diseases of the future.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.
The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour in Nijmegen, The Netherlands is a world-class research centre devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of human cognition and behavior in health and disease. The Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc) forms part of the Donders Institute, contributing clinical expertise and patient-related research.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature