Postdoc 'Functional ultrasound imaging'
We offer a postdoctoral fellow position at one of the best Medical Imaging Departments in the world embedded in a top-class Dutch research program on vascular …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2911 - € 5383 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingWe offer a postdoctoral fellow position at one of the best Medical Imaging Departments in the world embedded in a top-class Dutch research program on vascular ultrasound imaging. As a postdoctoral fellow you will develop 3D strain imaging techniques for noninvasive vascular imaging and in particular for plaque characterization.
The project is embedded in a national NWO Perspectief program that is coordinated by MUSIC. You will develop and improve 3D elastographic techniques (strain, shear wave) by simulations, experimental setups, and finally in vivo acquisitions. This part of the program will be performed in close collaboration with the PULS/e lab of Eindhoven University of Technology (dr. Richard Lopata). Additionally, you will work on improving strain and shear wave imaging techniques for other applications (breast cancer detection, gynaecology). After proven excellence in research, a tenured position will be offered.
Ultrasound Imaging is one of the most used diagnostic techniques because of its versatility, real-time capabilities as well as its bed-site use. In the last two decades, functional ultrasound imaging has enlarged the diagnostic performance of ultrasound imaging favourably. At the Medical UltraSound Imaging Center (MUSIC), functional imaging methods are being developed and introduced in the clinic for vascular, oncologic, and gynaecologic applications.
As a postdoctoral fellow you will develop new ultrasound imaging techniques from idea to clinical practice. Strong analytic skills, experimental, and practical experience is required for successful fulfillment of these tasks.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development of 3D elastography methods.
- Programming a Verasonics research ultrasound system and connecting (experimental) matrix transducers.
- Experimental validation of 3D elastography in phantoms mimicking atherosclerotic carotid arteries.
- Initial evaluation of 3D strain imaging in volunteers and patients.
- Preparing grant applications.
You are a talented and experienced researcher with a PhD degree in medical ultrasound engineering, preferably in the field of strain or shear wave imaging. You are comfortable and enthusiastic about working in a hospital environment. You are an open and empathic colleague with excellent communication skills, capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team. Your strong scientific as well as communication skills are proven by publications and presentations. You are fluent in oral and written English. Experience in grant writing is a strong advantage. You are capable of and have experience with supervising students and can work independently.
ConditionsWorking at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. And there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At Radboud university medical center, you will be given trust, and you will take the responsibility to handle everything together. We provide annual courses, both professional and personal.
- Depending on knowledge and experience, the employee is placed in salary scale 10 (maximum € 4,615) or salary scale 11 (maximum € 5,383) gross per month, based on full-time employment, excluding vacation allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus.
- If you work irregular hours, you will receive an allowance.
- As a full-time employee (36 hours per week), you are entitled to approximately 168 vacation hours (over 23 days) per year.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. You pay the rest of the premium with your gross salary.
- You get a discount on health insurance as well: you can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.