Postdoc in Bioinformatics/Systems Biology
We are looking for a postdoc with experience with bioinformatics and systems biology for a project embedded within in large Dutch consortium on the role of …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2911 - € 4615 per maand
We are looking for a postdoc with experience with bioinformatics and systems biology for a project embedded within in large Dutch consortium on the role of the innate immune system in the development of obesity-associated atherosclerosis. We have recruited various cohorts of 200-300 subjects with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease with the aim to understand the drivers and role of immune cell reprogramming in the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease. Gathered information include clinical data, immunological measurements, metabolomics, proteomics, genomics (including clonal hematopoiesis driver mutations). In subgroups of subjects, we will obtain RNAseq and epigenetic data.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and excellent postdoctoral researcher with expertise in bioinformatics and systems biology for the analysis and integration of multi-omics platforms to elucidate novel mechanisms and pathways involved in the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease in the context of obesity. You will be co-supervised by senior bioinformaticians dr. Yang Li and dr. Vinod Kumar.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Analysis and integration of multi-omics platforms in the various cohorts.
- Supervision of PhD students.
- Take a leading role in writing manuscripts.
- Present data at local, national and international scientific meetings.
- Supervise MSc and/or BSc students.
- Postdoc: recent PhD graduation in bioinformatics/computational biology/statistics/computer science, or a related field in the life sciences.
- Excellent skills in programming, e.g in R, JAVA, Perl, experience with different operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Solid theoretical background in immunology and cell biology.
- Strong ambition to succeed in science, be result-oriented.
- Critical scientific attitude and be able to work both independently as well as in a group.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and in writing.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Niels Riksen, acting head of the department of Internal Medicine, via +31 (0) 24 361 88 19. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 21 December.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.