Postdoc KWF funded project 'IMAGINE'
We are offering a position for a postdoc for our KWF funded project IMAGINE. While population-based breast cancer screening has been effective in reducing …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2750 - € 4361 per maand
We are offering a position for a postdoc for our KWF funded project IMAGINE. While population-based breast cancer screening has been effective in reducing mortality and morbidity associated with later stages of breast cancer, there is still room for improvement. Currently, all tumors detected in screening are acted upon, but it is known that a sizable proportion of these lesions are indolent and will not cause clinical symptoms. It is our goal to find features in the images which can accurately predict whether a screen-detected lesion is indolent or not.
You will develop deep learning based software which analyses a very large annotated database of mammography and breast MRI images and associate these with the findings by a pathologist where the goal is to find features that can discriminate whether a lesion is indolent or not. In this project you will work closely with the associated clinicians and epidemiologists.
- PhD degree in a relevant quantitative field, such as medical image analysis, computer vision, physics or applied mathematics;
- Software development experience in Python. C++ is a pre;
- Strong interest in radiology and Artificial Intelligence;
- Excellent communication skills in English, interest and capabilities to work in an interdisciplinary research team.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Jonas Teuwen, assistant professor. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 27 May.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.