Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoc 'Molecular Therapy for Inherited Retinal Diseases'
The postdoc we are recruiting will take a central role in the development of novel therapeutic strategies for EYS- and USH2A-associated retinal …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2911 - € 4615 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingThe postdoc we are recruiting will take a central role in the development of novel therapeutic strategies for EYS- and USH2A-associated retinal disease.
Inherited retinal diseases (IRDs) are progressive disorders that can lead to severe visual impairment or even complete blindness. Long considered incurable, advances over the last decade have made it possible to treat these disorders, with the first gene therapy recently approved as new drug by the FDA and EMA. Yet, there are still many subtypes of IRD for which no treatment is available.In the context of a European collaborative project, funded by the European Joint Programme for Rare Diseases, we aim to develop state-of-the-art genetic therapies for IRD caused by EYS or USH2A mutations. Our lab uses various tailor-made models (iPSC-derived retinal organoids and zebrafish) to study the efficacy and safety of novel therapeutic strategies, with the incentive to translate promising findings directly to patient care.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plan and perform scientific in vitro and in vivo experiments in an independent manner.
- Critically analyze data.
- Supervise junior scientists (technicians, MSc/BSc students) in the lab.
- Take a leading role in writing manuscripts.
- Present data at local, national and international scientific meetings.
- Participate in educational tasks.
Candidates must have obtained their PhD degree in the last three years (or submitted their thesis to the manuscript committee), in the field of molecular and/or cellular biology. They need to have a strong experimental background in molecular (genetic) research, including studies with DNA, RNA and/or protein (e.g. PCR, cloning, RT-PCR, Western Blot, immunocytochemistry), and cell culture. Ideally candidates should have hands-on experience with either induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) culturing and differentiation, and/or working with zebrafish. Permission to work with animals (article 9, or a foreign equivalent) is a must.
Finally, candidates should have strong communication skills (both orally and in writing), a critical scientific attitude, a high level of ambition, and should be able to work both independently as well as in a team.
ConditionsWorking at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. But there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At Radboud university medical center, you will be given trust, and you will take the responsibility to handle everything together. We provide annual courses, both professional and personal.
- In addition to your monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- If you work irregular hours, you will receive an allowance.
- As a full-time employee (36 hours per week), you are entitled to approximately 168 vacation hours (over 23 days) per year.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. You pay the rest of the premium with your gross salary.
- You get a discount on health insurance as well: you can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Rob Collin, endowed professor. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
The first interview round takes place on 10 May and 14 May 2021. We would appreciate it if you would take this into account. We would like to receive your application before Tuesday, May 11.
Applications should be accompanied by a strong motivation letter and CV, both in English, as well as names and contact information of two references. Anticipated start date: June 2021.
What else can you expect?
When you join us, we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. You do not have to do anything for this; we will tell you more later. Read more what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands, about the application process or view our frequently asked questions.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature