The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for a fulltime lectureship in modern Japan studies. We are interested in candidates from all social science and …
OurAmbitious postdoc, interested in Physiology? Join our strong team! Ambitious postdoc, interested in Physiology? Join our strong team!Our research focuses …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Contract Type
- Hours Per Week
- 36 - 36 <span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en.vacancies.vacancy_details.hours">Hours</span>
- Salary Indication
- Course Levels
- <span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en.course_levels.phd">Phd</span>
DescriptionOurAmbitious postdoc, interested in Physiology? Join our strong team! Ambitious postdoc, interested in Physiology? Join our strong team!
Our research focuses on the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms underlying hormonal-mediated regulation of solute and water transport processes in epithelia including kidney and small intestine. The major emphasis is currently on the epithelial calcium (TRPV5 & TRPV6), magnesium (TRPM6 & TRPM7) and water (Aquaporin 2) channels, salt transporters (NCC, ENaC) and succinate receptors that constitute instrumental solute transport pathways in epithelia. The current projects aim to investigate in detail the regulation of these transport activities in health and disease. To this end, a wide variety of cutting edge techniques will be applied including cell and molecular biological, genetics biochemical and physiological procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The postdoc contributes to the development of new knowledge through research and knowledge transfer within the context of the departments' research program;
- Designs and performs scientific research in the area of molecular transport physiology in health and disease;
- Generates and analyses the data in order to contribute to scientific publications and presents findings at scientific meetings;
- Works in a team with other students and scientists to discuss, plans and performs research in a stimulating environment;
- Works in a highly international research group with fellows from many countries.
- A PhD in (Medical) Biology;
- Independent and well-structured working style;
- Strong motivation to succeed in scientific researches;
- Well-developed social skills directed to work in a team;
- Experience with molecular biology;
- Permitted to work with animals (art. 9) is a pré depending on the project.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be a screening based on the provided CV. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Joost Hoenderop. Detailed information about the department can also be found at www.physiomics.eu. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Applicants should send a letter of intent outlining special interest in the position, overall related qualifications, experience and career goals, a curriculum vitae and names and addresses of professional references to us via the APPLY link.
Closing date: ongoing.