The Amsterdam Law School is offering a position for a postdoctoral researcher in the NWO-funded project ‘Judges in Utopia: Judicial law-making in European Pri…
Ambitious postdoc, interested in Physiology? Join our strong team!
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 uur
Our research focuses on the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms underlying hormonal-mediated regulation of solute and water transport processes in epithelia including kidney and small intestine. The major emphasis is currently on the epithelial calcium (TRPV5 & TRPV6), magnesium (TRPM6 & TRPM7) and water (Aquaporin 2) channels, salt transporters (NCC, ENaC) and succinate receptors that constitute instrumental solute transport pathways in epithelia. The current projects aim to investigate in detail the regulation of these transport activities in health and disease. To this end, a wide variety of cutting edge techniques will be applied including cell and molecular biological, genetics biochemical and physiological procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The postdoc contributes to the development of new knowledge through research and knowledge transfer within the context of the departments’ research program
- Designs and performs scientific research in the area of molecular transport physiology in health and disease
- Generates and analyses the data in order to contribute to scientific publications and presents findings at scientific meetings
- Works in a team with other students and scientists to discuss, plans and performs research in a stimulating environment
- Works in a highly international research group with fellows from many countries
- A PhD in (Medical) Biology
- Independent and well-structured working style
- Strong motivation to succeed in scientific researches
- Well-developed social skills directed to work in a team
- Experience with molecular biology
- Permitted to work with animals (art. 9) is a pré depending on the project
Scale 10: max € 55784 gross per year at full employment
Information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Joost Hoenderop, +31 (0) 24-3610580, firstname.lastname@example.org, (use this email address only for information, for application use the apply button).
Detailed information about the department can also be found at http://www.physiomics.eu and on You Tube.
The Radboud university medical center advances human knowledge by conducting biomedical, translational and clinical research in order to improve wellbeing.
Our key strength is medical life-sciences and clinical practice, with an impressive infrastructure comprising state-of-the-art technology platforms and (translational) research facilities. The Radboud university medical center is therefore uniquely positioned in the emerging Euregio and Dutch healthcare infrastructure to play a leading role in the new healthcare paradigm of prediction, prevention and personalised medicine.
The Radboud university medical center focuses on scientific health challenges of today, with an eye on emerging diseases of the future.
Our mission: ‘to have a significant impact on healthcare’.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature