3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Professor in Medical Neuroscience, more specifically in Mechanisms and Models for human brain disorders
Aim of the chair is to establish a research group "Mechanisms and Models for human brain disorders" within Radboudumc. The research will focus on the better …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 6732 - € 8897 per maand
Aim of the chair is to establish a research group "Mechanisms and Models for human brain disorders" within Radboudumc. The research will focus on the better understanding of brain disease mechanisms, the development of advanced translational model systems, in particular based on induced pluripotent stem cells, and the development of novel therapeutic approaches, especially gene-based therapies. The research group will work in close collaboration with colleagues with complementary expertise to effectively bridge the translational gap between animal models and trials in humans, facilitating the implementation of research findings in clinical trials.
- The professor will be expected to play a major leadership role in the research activity of the Radboudumc, to undertake original work independently and in collaboration with others.
- The professor will provide scientific leadership by integrating activities with the different stakeholders like the departments, technology centers, and health care providers involved. The professor will be required to play an active and proactive role in the development and coordination of brain disease modelling.
- The professor will initiate, guide and participate in fundamental and translational research aimed at developing new therapeutic strategies for brain diseases.
- The professor will establish new methods for "personalized medicine" for brain diseases.
- The professor will be required to obtain research grants and other funding to carry out a program of research.
- The professor will be expected to play a role in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching by delivering lectures, holding classes, and assisting students in their studies by advice or informal instruction.
- The professor will be required to supervise graduate students.
- The appointee would be expected to provide effective management leadership within her or his professional and academic areas and to contribute to university committees as required.
The new professor possesses a proven track record as a first class internationally recognized researcher, with evidence of well-cited original publications in international, peer-reviewed journals and participation in national and international research consortia.
She/he also has:
- The ability to lead a well-established research group in the field of brain disease modelling. Proven track record of the development of advanced stem cell-based model systems.
- Evidence of securing significant independent research funding.
- Strong potential to develop productive interactions with other scientists at the Radboud university medical center, the Donders Institute and its partner institutions.
- Interests that are synergistic with the existing strengths of the Radboud university medical center.
- Commitment and ability to provide effective teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills.
ConditionsWorking at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. But there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At Radboud university medical center, you will be given trust, and you will take the responsibility to handle everything together. We provide annual courses, both professional and personal.
- In addition to your monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- If you work irregular hours, you will receive an allowance.
- As a full-time employee (36 hours per week), you are entitled to approximately 168 vacation hours (over 23 days) per year.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. You pay the rest of the premium with your gross salary.
- You get a discount on health insurance as well: you can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.
Additional informationFor additional questions about the position, please contact prof. dr. Barbara Franke, Chair of the Appointments Advisory Committee.
The Curriculum Statement can be requested from mw. Sophie Janssen-Rutten, secretary of the appointment advisory committee.
In addition to the cover letter, the applicant is expected to send a shortened CV which includes the following:
- Qualifications related to the position.
- Work experience related to the position.
- Top 5 publications including reasons why a specific publication was chosen.