The Faculty of Science at Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands) initiated the Christine Mohrmann Fellowship programme in 2016 to attract and promote …
Professor of Spiritual Care in Healthcare
The chair in spiritual care in healthcare aims to increase the knowledge and understanding of spiritual care in the field of clinical healthcare. In order to …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 48 uur
The chair in spiritual care in healthcare aims to increase the knowledge and understanding of spiritual care in the field of clinical healthcare. In order to have a real and distinguishing impact on healthcare, Radboudumc is looking for an experienced professional in clinical practice with scientific and educational expertise in the field of spiritual care and connected to the traditional skills in spiritual care. Innovative patient care, research and education also encompasses integral and personalized spiritual care. Besides, attention for spiritual care is not merely an individual matter on the level of the patient and their relatives but also forms a characteristic aspect of care within a "learning community"; including all health care professionals active in a medical center like Radboudumc.
As a professor, you will be responsible for conducting research on spiritual care in transmural medical practice as a clinical area of attention in the various health care disciplines. The focus will be on generating insight into functions and dysfunctions of clinical spiritual care with respect to the resilience and vulnerability of patients and their perception of their disease and their lives in general.
In addition, clinical education is one of the tasks and is especially aimed at awareness of the meaning of spiritual care for the quality of care and quality of life and its importance for presence, compassion and empathy in patient contacts. The development of skills to use these insights and experiences in patient contacts and its relevance for the mutual relations between (medical) health care professionals is a priority.
The clinical task is aimed at promoting spiritual care in patient and proxy care as a dimension of the mission of health care in Radboudumc; special attention should be given to dedication and compassion, suffering, coping with pain and the meaning of a chronic or terminal disease in the palliative phase and. You share a responsibility for raising awareness of the hospital's identity and increasing communication about this aspect, both on the level of patient care and care policy.
You will invest in close collaboration with the Radboudumc Department of Spiritual and Pastoral Care and with the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies of Radboud University.
- You have a PhD and you possess knowledge, skills and expertise in the field of spiritual care in healthcare;
- You have excellent clinical experience and expertise on daily care for patients, especially where this touches upon issues of spiritual care;
- You play an active role in international congresses and conferences etc. to present your own research on spiritual care in healthcare as well as the importance of patient care;
- You have strong communication skills and you are a binding force in multidisciplinary collaborations;
- You have affinity with both diagnostic research and intervention and identity research;
- You have extensive experience with the education and training of spiritual care providers, clinical pastoral training and relevant ongoing training for care professionals;
- Your profile meets the criteria (or will meet these criteria within five years) for the predicate of Principal Investigator.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be a screening based on the provided CV. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationThe chair motivation can be requested from Drs. Anne van Rossum, secretary of the appointment committee, Anne.vanRossum@radboudumc.nl.
Any further questions about the position may be addressed to Prof. dr. Baziel van Engelen, chairman of the appointments advisory committee Baziel.vanEngelen@radboudumc.nl. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before August 30.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature