1 dag geleden - Universiteit Leiden (LEI) - Leiden
Research assistant Psychiatry
In the PITA study (Pharmacogenetics for Individualized Tricyclic Antidepressant dosing) we will compare pharmacogenetics informed dosing of Tricyclic Antidepressants (based on a genetic test of the CYP450 enzyme) to care as usual.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 uur
Tricyclic Antidepressant pharmacotherapy is an important step in the treatment of patients with severe depression. Current dosing strategies are considered as suboptimal as the dosing process is protracted and is frequently accompanied by severe side effects. Pharmacogenetics informed dosing is an innovative strategy that may help to address this problem.
In the PITA study (Pharmacogenetics for Individualized Tricyclic Antidepressant dosing) we will compare pharmacogenetics informed dosing of Tricyclic Antidepressants (based on a genetic test of the CYP450 enzyme) to care as usual. We hypothesize that pharmacogenetics based personalized dosing will result in a decrease of side effects and earlier attainment of a therapeutic drug level. In addition, we will evaluate if this innovative strategy results in reductions in health care related costs.
The PITA study is a ZonMW sponsored (Program Goed Geneesmiddelen Gebruik) multicentre study. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with interest in clinical research in psychiatry. Candidates will also have affinity to research areas of pharmacology and genetics. They should have excellent social skills and should be able to coordinate and monitor progress in a complex multi-centre environment where they should be able to support patients and team members participating at the different study sites.
The research assistant will be a member of an enthusiastic and ambitious multidisciplinary team which includes experts in the fields of Psychiatry, Pharmacy, Genetics and Health Economy. We offer a welcoming and stimulating working environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In the first phase of the study the focus will be on the inclusion of patients;
- When the study target of included patients has been achieved, we have the intention to start a PhD track for the 3 subsequent years (financial support is already available under this condition);
- Coordination of the study;
- Data collection;
- Performing statistical analysis;
- Giving oral presentations;
- Supervising research students.
- MSc Medicine or MSc Biomedical Sciences;
- The ambition to proceed in a PhD trajectory;
- Interest for performing research in a clinical context;
- Affinity for working with psychiatric patients;
- Verifiable research interest;
- Experience with statistical methods and data-analysis (recommended);
- Excellent social and coordination skills;
- Independent and well-structured working style;
- Ambitious worker and team-player;
- Good writing and presentation skills;
- Stress resistance;
- You recognise yourself in the Radboud way of working.
Scale 7: max € 41812 gross per year at full employment (incl. vacation bonus and end of year payments)
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be a screening based on the provided CV. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions.
Applications should consist of an up-to-date CV (including publications) as well as a personal motivation letter.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Joost Janzing, psychiatrist or from Prof. Aart Schene, psychiatrist/head of the Department of Psychiatry. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy film.
Our key strength is medical life-sciences and clinical practice, with an impressive infrastructure comprising state-of-the-art technology platforms and (translational) research facilities. The Radboudumc is therefore uniquely positioned in the emerging Euregio and Dutch healthcare infrastructure to play a leading role in the new healthcare paradigm of prediction, prevention and personalised medicine.
The Radboudumc focuses on scientific health challenges of today, with an eye on emerging diseases of the future.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.