Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Research Software Engineer
We offer a challenging research environment in a growing international research group with ample opportunities to further develop your skills.In this …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2911 - € 4615 per maand
We offer a challenging research environment in a growing international research group with ample opportunities to further develop your skills.
In this position, you will work in the Research Software Engineering Team in close collaboration with end-users (radiologists). The software will be used in ongoing research projects and in a clinical research setting. You will be supervised by James Meakin.
We are looking for a self-motivated research software engineer. Ideally, you would be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of building software in Python.
- Familiarity with web technologies, it would be super if you have developed a server-side application or have experience with VueJS, Django, Qt, MeVisLab, and/or Docker or are interested in picking these technologies up.
- Experience with developing software that is used by others, any experience developing scientific software or open-source software is a plus.
- An interest in medical imaging.
As a research software engineer, you should have an BSc, MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Biomedical Sciences or similar. For BSc candidates, more than 2 years of experience in software development is required.
ConditionsSalary will be in agreement with your experience.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationAll additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. James Meakin, leader Research Software Engineering team. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 7 October 2020.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.