Tenure track position as Assistant professor Biostatistics
We offer an exciting and varied tenured track position for a statistician to shape and conduct both methodological as well as collaborative research in …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 36 uur
We offer an exciting and varied tenured track position for a statistician to shape and conduct both methodological as well as collaborative research in medical science. Radboudumc aims to be at the forefront of personalised healthcare, which provides ample opportunity to apply state-of-the art statistical methodology in clinical research, as well as in laboratory, animal and translational research. Successful candidates will expand methodology in one or more of the research fields of the section Biostatistics: clinical research design for personalized medicine and rare diseases and statistical methods for association and prediction in complex, high dimensional data. We aim to strengthen our section with an enthusiastic researcher to support collaborations within the Radboudumc across important disease areas and develop her/his own research portfolio to push the boundaries of the field. Shaping innovative research proposals and obtaining funding both in collaboration as well as independently is part of the responsibilities, as well as communicating and sharing state-of-the art and advances in methodology. The position will also include teaching, with content and focus depending on candidate preferences.
- A Ph.D. degree in (bio-) statistics, mathematics or related field.
- Strong background in mathematics.
- Proven experience in methodological and collaborative research after PhD.
- A proven scientific interest in medical applications, e.g. through publications and collaborative projects.
- Well-developed social skills directed to work in multidisciplinary and international teams.
- Strong motivation and ambition to succeed in scientific research and build a research theme and team.
- Willingness to master the Dutch language, if applicable.
- (Successful) experience with obtaining funding for research projects will be an advantage.
ConditionsProlongation to permanent contract depending on achievement.
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationCandidates should send their application including a motivation letter (max. 1 page), a CV (including a publication list and details of subsequent research projects and grant proposals), and the names and contact details of two persons who can provide references.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Kit Roes, Professor of Biostatistics and head of the section. Use the Apply button to submit your application.
Please apply before 21 December 2020.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.