Tenure-track position as Assistant professor in T-cell Immunology
A creative and independent researcher/junior group leader able to embed yourself in the Department of Tumor Immunology. You will collaborate on and actively …
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 3922 - € 5383 per maand
A creative and independent researcher/junior group leader able to embed yourself in the Department of Tumor Immunology. You will collaborate on and actively seek out cross-disciplinary projects within the department and the larger Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS). You will complement the existing research lines of PIs within the department, and open up a new synergistic direction within the department.
Potential topics of interest include but are not limited to: Role of T cells in cancer immunobiology and the tumor microenvironment in particular, development of novel therapeutic T cell mediated interventions exploiting chemical- Immunology approaches (ICI). Candidates with a broad interest in tumor microenvironment and molecular mechanisms exploited by immune cells are also encouraged to apply. Ideally, you have a background in fundamental and molecular immunology as well as omics based techniques, extensive experience with T cells both in murine model systems as well as in a human setting, to strengthen the departments profile on tumor immunology research.
- You are an enthousiastic and ambitious scientist, hold a PhD in Immunology or related discipline and have the skills required to conduct research in the field of tumor immunology and initiate a novel, internationally recognised research line within RIMLS.
- You are an enthusiastic lecturer willing to participate in the educational programmes of the Radboudumc.
- You are able to acquire external funding for your research.
- You are interested in the industrial or societal application of your research and willing to participate in projects of a multidisciplinary nature.
- You have 3 to 4 years of experience after your PhD.
ConditionsUpon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be, depending on the type of job, a screening based on the provided cv. Radboud university medical center's HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Read more about the Radboudumc employment conditions and what our International Office can do for you when moving to the Netherlands.
Additional informationThe position is available for a period of 3-4 years. After a positive evaluation, you may be offered a permanent contract.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- A motivation Letter.
- Your curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
- A selection of three of your most significant publications with brief motivation for this selection (please do not attach the original manuscript).
- A research statement including a description of how your research program will add novel aspects to- and align with the research program of the department of Tumor Immunology (maximum 4 pages).
- The names and contact information (including e-mail addresses) of three potential references.
Please apply before 1 January 2021.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.