The University of Groningen Centre of Entrepreneurship (UGCE), seeks candidates to fill 3 full-time positions, starting as soon as possible. We are seeking highly motivated candidates who demonstrate excellent research and teaching abilities and can be characterized as engaged scholars, so with a good contact with relevant actors from practice.
The tasks of the new colleagues can vary from:
- teaching Bsc, MSc, PhD level of classes, and possibly training of executives / entrepreneurs or business developers
- researching in our programme on entrepreneurship processes in the context of health, energy, sustainability and with social, commercial and corporate reference frames
- conducting and publishing academic research
- contributing to organizing projects in which we build our living lab Venturelab North, or share and develop our practices, e.g. in EIT-Health context or Erasmus+ and regional ecosystem projects
- supervising PhD’s
- the more senior function the more contribution is expected to the organization of UGCE and the acquisition of new funds to develop our activities.
You will be part of a relatively new (since 2013) and small team (12 members). For an Associate Professor this would mean to take a leading role supporting the development of the more junior members of the group in close collaboration with full professors in and associated to the group. There are also possibilities to work with PhD students in the group and other colleagues from other related research and teaching groups.
We are looking for candidates who would (soon be able to) meet the following requirements:
- a PhD in small business and/or entrepreneurship, or a closely related field
- a demonstrated potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in top management journals
- proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and in mentoring students
- “engaged scholarship” mindset: ability and willingness to work with practice
- a relevant international network
- team players with good communication skills and flexible for workload management in the group.
The University of Groningen offers a salary, dependent on qualifications and relevant work experience as follows:
For Assistant professor positions, the salaries ranges from a minimum of € 3,475 gross per month (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,405 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a full-time position.
For the Associate professor positions, salaries range from € 4,815 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6,438 (salary scale 14) gross per month for a full-time position.
The salary will show an annual increase within the scale. Additionally, the salaries include an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University of Groningen (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities 2016-2017, available in English)
For international immigrating candidates a fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this.
Tenure track positions at the UGCE are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision at the end. The candidate will be appointed for a period of six years, on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation in the third year of employment. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure and promotion to Associate Professor. The Tenure Track path can be rounded off with promotion to Full Professor, under the condition that criteria are met.
Formal Tenure track requirements primarily include criteria with respect to research prominence, teaching, and service. Depending on ambitions and track record also a position as Assistant Professor can be offered in which an important part of the function also relates to (co-) organizing UGCE.
You may apply for the positions until 1 July 23.59 h / before 2 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
You are requested to submit:
-a cover letter containing your motivation for the position (letter of motivation attachment)
-an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV attachment)
-two letters of reference (extra attachment)
-examples of publications (extra attachment 2)
-evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarized teaching evaluations) (extra attachment 3).
Application screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We hope to conclude initial application screening in the first week of July 2018. Promising candidates will be invited for a campus visit shortly after the deadline.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Prof. dr. A.J. Groen