Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Academisch Medisch Centrum (AMC) - Amsterdam
Voor wat betreft de patiëntenzorg zal de kandidaat ontwikkelingsonderzoeken verrichten conform landelijk protocol en de resultaten daarvan rapporteren aan oude…
- teaching a broad range of course units in ancient cross-disciplinary specializations within the BA and MA degree programmes in History, Classics, and in the interdisciplinary research MA in Classical, Medieval and Early Modern Studies, and ...
- teaching a broad range of course units in ancient cross-disciplinary specializations within the BA and MA degree programmes in History, Classics, and in the interdisciplinary research MA in Classical, Medieval and Early Modern Studies, and other relevant programmes (minors, Honours), as well as supervising BA and MA theses
- conducting research, publish nationally and internationally in suitable academic contexts, as well as initiate and implement national and international research projects
- playing an active and stimulating role in the design and organization of teaching and research, including carrying out administrative duties.
- a PhD in Ancient History
- excellent social and communicative skills, and a collegial attitude
- a creative and innovative attitude towards teaching and research
- a good command of English (C1), NB many of our courses may be taught in English; for Non-Dutch/Flemish applicants a (passive) understanding of Dutch will be an advantage
- willingness and capacity to teach Ancient History at various levels (BA/MA)
- demonstrable ability to initiate or contribute to the development of new course units and new teaching modes
- willingness to teach and develop courses in a cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary context (e.g. Archaeology, Classics, History, Religious Studies)
- a good publication record appropriate to the present stage of her/ his career
- a developed research profile that falls within the research interests of the department of Ancient History, and that is linked to the research programme of the Centre for Historical Studies
- an excellent research potential, preferably demonstrated by postdoctoral grants, international experience.
Faculty of Arts
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30,000 students to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge. Groningen is a lively university city with a population of 200,000, only a 2.5 hours drive by train or car from the national airport of Amsterdam.
The Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) is looking for an Assistant Professor in Ancient History (0.8 fte, 60% teaching, 40% research) on a temporary contract for 2 years starting from 15 January 2018. We are looking for an inspiring all-round lecturer and an excellent and innovative researcher who will complement our current research and teaching activities as well as share in our administrative duties.
The department of Ancient History has a strong research profile with a focus on cultural, religious and political history of the Greek world in the Hellenistic and Roman periods to the Later Roman Empire. We welcome applications from all specializations within Ancient History, but we are primarily aiming to complement our current profile with expertise in Classical Greek History, and/or social and economic history. Experience and affinity with interdisciplinary approaches to Ancient History is a prerequisite.
The candidate will conduct research that fits within the research institutes in which Ancient History participates: the Research Centre for Historical Studies (www.rug.nl/research/icog/research/research-centres/research-centre-for-historical-studies?lang=en) and CRASIS: interdisciplinary studies in culture, religion and society of the ancient world (www.rug.nl/research/centre-for-religious-studies/research-institutes/crasis/?lang=en).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature