Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Communication and Information Studies
What will you be working on?
You will teach courses on persuasive communication and quantitative methods and do (experimental) research in one or more of the aforementioned domains. You will supervise undergraduate students. You will develop new ideas for research and education
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
What will you be working on?
You will teach courses on persuasive communication and quantitative methods and do (experimental) research in one or more of the aforementioned domains. You will supervise undergraduate students. You will develop new ideas for research and education. You will work with colleagues from within CIS and from other departments in the faculty. You are keen to pursue research-funding grants for future research.
We offer you a position with 60% of your time for teaching (including administration) and 40% research.
What are we looking for?
- you have a relevant PhD (e.g., Communication and Information Studies, Communication Studies, Social Psychology, Psychology of Language)
- you combine knowledge of persuasive communication with knowledge of document design and quantitative methods
- you have teaching experience and relevant teaching qualifications (such as UTQ, University Teaching Qualification)
- you are able to supervise (post-)graduate students
- you are an excellent researcher, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
- you like to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- your strengths are organizing, communication, meeting deadlines
- you have the ability to communicate, teach and publish in English (CEFR C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking)
- knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn it within a reasonable period of time (CEFR B2 for reading and listening, and CEFR B1 for writing and speaking).
ConditionsWe offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,637 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position.
- a holiday allowance of 8%
- an 8.3% year-end bonus
- participation in a pension scheme for employees
- favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants
- 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full-time employment
- a temporary appointment for 5 years.
The appointee will ideally commence as soon as possible.
We comply with the conditions of employment of the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). For more detailed information about working conditions and working for the University of Groningen, please check: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/
Additional informationProf. John Hoeks
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature