1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc position in the Horizon2020 project “Integrity” (0.8 FTE). Are you interested? Then please …
UCF invites applications for a motivated colleague at the level of Assistant Professor Economics. You are expected to contribute to the development of the educational and research domain of economics and sustainability, specifically with regard ...
UCF invites applications for a motivated colleague at the level of Assistant Professor Economics. You are expected to contribute to the development of the educational and research domain of economics and sustainability, specifically with regard to courses such as Introduction to Economics and History of Economic Thinking. You have an excellent command of economic principles and theories and preferably an interest in behavioural economics. Furthermore, you will teach and develop courses in the major Responsible Governance within the BSc Global Responsibility & Leadership. You will have the unique opportunity to combine education with research and shape the emerging research programme. Finally, we are highly committed to building a diverse and dynamic academic community in Leeuwarden, and we expect a similar commitment from all our academic staff.
The candidate will:
• support the development of the major “Responsible Governance” and lead the development of the economics track, including teaching and curriculum development
• conduct research independently as well as together with student-researchers in his/her own domain of research as part of the UCF curriculum in so-called “living lab” projects
• contribute to the existing research lines, from advice to actual research and supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students
• acquire funding for new research activities and actively look for (international) partners to build consortia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated research and teaching potential, a strong research background and a focus on behavioural economics.
The ideal candidate has:
• a PhD in economics or a comparable domain
• the demonstrated capacity to deliver research outcomes which are of interest both to science and to society
• the ability to conduct academic research as reflected in an established record of publications in leading scientific journals
• the willingness to apply an inter- and transdisciplinary perspective to research an education
• the capacity to teach bachelor students in small-scale settings and conduct research together with them in living lab settings in your own area of expertise
• an international and proactive outlook fitting to a new and dynamic organisation
• excellent command of the English language, including good communication skills; Dutch language abilities would be an asset
• a University Teaching Qualification, or the willingness to acquire this qualification within two years after the starting date.
Campus Fryslân is the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research. We conduct cutting-edge research where local themes are connected to global issues, with a focus on four research flagships: 1) Governance, 2) Sustainable Economy, 3) Language, Culture & Technology, 4) Food & Health. Technology related issues represent a fast-growing aspect of our research and education. You will work at a state-of-the-art facility at one of the oldest and most prestigious European universities, in the European Capital of Culture 2018.The Campus’ motivated team values teamwork and provides a stimulating working environment in which mutual support is combined with room for individual initiative. You will become a member of our high-standing academic and international community. We challenge our staff and students to approach issues from multiple disciplines and encourage them to take a different view. We are curious about yours!
Within Campus Fryslân, you will primarily be working at the University College Fryslân (UCF). UCF is a new university college, inspired by the UN Agenda for Sustainable Development. UCF offers a BSc in Global Responsibility & Leadership. This bachelor is a broad, scientifically rigorous, interdisciplinary programme with three majors (Responsible Governance, Responsible Humanity, and Responsible Planet). The programme has a strong emphasis on digital research and leadership development. Through small-scale and intensive education, you work together with ambitious student-researchers to help them acquire the knowledge and skills that are necessary to design solutions for global challenges and become change agents for sustainable development.