Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) - Rotterdam
Job description Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for two open-rank tenure-track faculty positions in Information …
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the bachelor and master programmes ...
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the bachelor and master programmes in Information Science. The Information Science programmes in Groningen focus on Language Technology and Web Technology. In addition, the candidate will contribute to our master programmes Computer Communication and Digital Humanities. We are therefore looking for an experienced researcher in the areas of Language Technology, Web Technology, Human Computer Communication and Digital Humanities.
The research will be embedded in the Groningen Center for Language and Cognition (CLCG) research institute, and in particular in the Computational Linguistics research group.
- teaching course units in the field of Human Computer Communication, Digital Humanities, Language Technology and Web Technology, within the aforementioned bachelor and master programmes
- conducting research at a recognized level in one or more of the above-mentioned fields
- external grant acquisition
- supervising bachelor's and master's theses in the above-mentioned fields.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communication skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a results-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate who has a PhD in the field of Information Science, Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Digital Humanities, Artificial Intelligence or a related field and,
in the area of teaching:
- has academic teaching experience at various levels
- has gained the University Teaching Qualification or is prepared to do so within a year
- is an excellent teacher, as demonstrated by positive teaching evaluations
- is demonstrably able to make concrete contributions to the development of course units, partly by actively linking teaching to research
- within 2 years non-Dutch candidates have to have knowledge of Dutch to at least CEFR B2 level (for reading and listening); Dutch candidates have to have a sufficient knowledge of English (CEFR B2/C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking). The University provides language courses in Dutch and English.
In the area of research:
- is the author of at least two peer-reviewed international publications every year
- is able to set up his or her own research line and publish within it, dovetailing with the profile of the research institute
- has international experience and an international network
- has attracted significant funding.
Faculty of Arts The Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen is a large, dynamic faculty in the heart of the city of Groningen. It has more than 5000 students and 700 staff members, who are working at the frontiers of knowledge every day. The Faculty offers a wide range of degree programmes: 16 bachelor's (BA) programmes and over 40 master's (MA) specializations. Our research, which is internationally widely acclaimed, covers the following fields: Archaeology, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Journalism, Language and Literary Studies, and Linguistics.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature