Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
De Afdeling Algemene Rechtsleer zoekt een Universitair Hoofddocent Rechtstheorie/ Inleiding tot het Recht. Als Universitair Hoofddocent zul je …
The Faculty of Philosophy is looking for an Assistant Professor who pursues philosophical research at the intersection of Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE). Areas of specialization: Social and Political Philosophy, (socially engaged) Philosophy of Science ...
The Faculty of Philosophy is looking for an Assistant Professor who pursues philosophical research at the intersection of Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE). Areas of specialization: Social and Political Philosophy, (socially engaged) Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Economics, Philosophy of Public Policy, Welfare Economics, Applied Ethics, or any other area related to PPE. The Assistant Professor will conduct research in PPE and play a stimulating role in the Centre for PPE, by contributing to its research profile and by forming interdisciplinary ties with other researchers working on PPE themes. The candidate will teach courses in the PPE Master's programme and other philosophy programmes that the faculty offers on both BA and MA level.
On positive evaluation the position becomes permanent after a probationary period of 2 years. The position includes research (40%) as well as teaching and administrative tasks (60%).
For information about the Faculty, the PPE Centre and the PPE Master, see:
www.rug.nl/filosofie/ and www.rug.nl/filosofie/ppe/
• PhD (or equivalent) in philosophy, political theory, or economics, relevant to a PPE programme
• a strong publication record, appropriate to career stage
• a genuine interest in interdisciplinary research, with a desire to build bridges between philosophy and the social sciences and to apply theoretical insights to societal and policy issues
• concrete plans for future grant proposals (ERC, NWO, etc.) that fit the research profile of the PPE Centre
• an ability to contribute to interdisciplinary research in the Faculty and in the Centre for PPE
• intellectual drive, enthousiasm and open-mindedness to collaborate with colleagues from PPE-related fields
• an ability to offer inspiring teaching in the PPE programme and general philosophy programmes in the faculty
• an excellent command of English, both in writing and speaking; knowledge of Dutch is not required for teaching purposes but working knowledge is expected after three years.
Faculty of Philosophy
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Groningen is a vibrant, international community of excellent researchers and teachers. It consistently receives the highest evaluations both for research and for teaching among philosophy departments in the Netherlands. The Faculty has three departments: History of Philosophy, Theoretical Philosophy, and Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy. In September 2017, the Faculty has started a Master's Programme in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) and established a Centre for PPE that aims at stimulating and facilitating interdisciplinary research at the interface of philosophy, political theory, and economics.