Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position at the Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy at the University of Amsterdam to work with assistant profe…
Assistant Professor Professional development in design of collaborative learning
The Assistant Professorship is a temporary position in the area of Educational Sciences with a special focus on teacher professional development for which a background in Educational Sciences and/or Developmental- and Education Psychology is ...
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5405 per maand
The Assistant Professorship is a temporary position in the area of Educational Sciences with a special focus on teacher professional development for which a background in Educational Sciences and/or Developmental- and Education Psychology is preferred. Initiative in teaching and research will be valued, as well as initiating and sustaining collaborations with practitioners.
The Assistant Professor is expected to be able to work in a team of teachers and researchers. In addition, he/she is also expected to work independently. The position will consist of teaching activities and research activities. The emphasis of the teaching activities will be on the development and implementation of teacher professional development in the design of collaborative learning (e.g., conducting workshops and trainings). In addition, the Assistant Professor will contribute to the various bachelor and master programmes (e.g., lectures, seminars, internships, theses, coordination tasks) with an emphasis on Educational Sciences and/or Development and Educational Psychology.
The research activities will be closely connected to the activities that are to be performed for the teacher professional development in the design of collaborative learning. The scientific research is expected to results in relevant and valorized output through (peer-reviewed) international and national publications, presentations at national and international conferences, etc.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate who preferably meets the following requirements:
• PhD degree in a relevant field of Behavioural and Social Sciences, preferably Educational Sciences, on a topic relevant for the position
• evidence of expertise in Developmental and Educational Psychology
• experience with the development and implementation of workshops and trainings in the area of professional development (staff development)
• experience in teaching and supervision of students (lectures, theses) and the willingness to further develop his/her didactical competences (i.e., acquire the Dutch University Teacher Qualification (UTQ)); holding the UTQ is preferred
• thorough knowledge of research designs and quantitative and qualitative research methods
• affinity with higher education and evidence of research on learning and instruction, in particular collaborative learning (e.g., as part of the dissertation)
• publications in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
• good communicative skills and independence in research in a practice setting, in close collaboration with others
• good oral and written command of the English language suited for scientific publications and conference presentations
• the ability to communicate verbally and in written form in Dutch or to learn Dutch if necessary within the first 12 months of the contract.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience. For candidates at the Assistant Professor level the salary for a full-time position ranges from a minimum of € 3,475 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,405 (salary scale 12) gross per month. The gross salary is excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Duration: 4 years.
You may apply for this position until 8 September 12:00 pm / before 9 September 2017 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Please upload your complete application (in English) as a single PDF file as ‘letter of motivation’ and include the vacancy number at the start of your application.
Applicants are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter in English introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research
2. a full CV in English demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
3. Names and contact details of two academic references.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf J.W. Strijbos, +31 50 3636631 (secretary)
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences is a centre of knowledge focusing on individuals and society. The faculty studies issues relating to human behaviour, the relationships between people, and society as a whole. This includes the study of how people function under normal circumstances, but also of the problems encountered by individuals or groups, and how these can be resolved or prevented.
The Assistant Professor position is situated within the Department of Educational Sciences/ Groningen Institute for Educational Research (GION). This department is responsible for teaching at bachelor and master level. At bachelor level, this includes the bachelor Educational Sciences and the Academic bachelor for Primary School Teachers, a joint programme of the department and three higher education institutes. At master level, this includes the master Educational Sciences including an international track ‘Evidence based education’, and the research master for the Behavioral and Social Sciences. Within the department research is conducted on learning environments, evidence based education, determinants of school success, innovation and citizenship.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature