Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Social Psychology (0.6 FTE)
We invite applications for a motivated colleague at the level of Assistant Professor Social Psychology. You are expected to contribute to the development of the educational and research domain of social psychology and decision making, specifically with regard to intercultural and
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 23 - 23 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
We invite applications for a motivated colleague at the level of Assistant Professor Social Psychology. You are expected to contribute to the development of the educational and research domain of social psychology and decision making, specifically with regard to intercultural and organisational aspects, as well as to questions of the sustainable society and leadership. Furthermore, you will teach and develop courses in the major Responsible Humanity within the BSc Global Responsibility & Leadership. You will have the unique opportunity to combine education with research and shape the emerging research programme. Finally, we are highly committed to building a diverse and dynamic academic community in Leeuwarden, and we expect a similar commitment from all our academic staff.
● support the development of the major “Responsible Humanity”, including teaching and developing the curriculum
● teach courses within the Skills Lab such as Academic Communication and/or Statistics
● conduct research independently as well as together with student-researchers in his/her own domain of research as part of the UCF curriculum in so-called “living lab” projects
● contribute to the existing research lines, from advice to actual research and supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students
● acquire funding for new research activities and actively look for (international) partners to build consortia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated research and teaching potential, a strong empirical research background and a focus on social psychology and organisational decision making.
The ideal candidate has:
● a PhD in Psychology, Sociology, or a comparable domain
● the demonstrated capacity to deliver research outcomes which are of interest both to science and to society
● the ability to conduct academic research as reflected in an established record of publications in leading scientific journals
● the willingness to apply an inter- and transdisciplinary perspective to research an education
● the capacity to teach bachelor students in small-scale settings and conduct research together with them in living lab settings in your own area of expertise
● an international and proactive outlook fitting to a new and dynamic organisation
• excellent command of the English language, including good communication skills; Dutch language abilities or the willingness to learn Dutch would be an asset
● a University Teaching Qualification, or the willingness to acquire this qualification within two years after the starting date.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary with a minimum of € 3,637 to a maximum of € 4,978 (salary scale 11) gross a month on a full-time basis depending on qualifications and experience
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
- an 8.3% year-end bonus
- an appointment of 0.6 FTE will be established for a fixed term period of two years.
There is the possibility of extending the 0.6 FTE appointment depending on evaluation and size of the student body. After two years, there may be the possibility to make the appointment permanent, depending on performance and student body.
The starting date of the position is 1 January 2020; the starting date is non-negotiable.
Additional informationDr Berfu Unal, Assistant Professor Social Psychology and coordinator UCF Major Responsible Humanity
University College Fryslân