1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) - Eindhoven
In the context of the newly funded TACTICS (Techniques for the Analysis of Client-Team InteraCtionS) research project, we are looking for a PhD candidate with …
The Assistant Professor will contribute to teaching and research at the Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences. With regard to teaching, the Assistant Professor will play a pivotal role in designing, coordinating, and contributing to ...
The Assistant Professor will contribute to teaching and research at the Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences. With regard to teaching, the Assistant Professor will play a pivotal role in designing, coordinating, and contributing to the implementation of the transdisciplinary interuniversity course on Sustainable Cooperation: Theory, Method, Policy, which will be co-taught by members of the SCOOP consortium. The Assistant Professor takes the lead in the collaborative development of an innovative didactical approach to teaching transdisciplinarity, including the related on-line and off-line instructional material. For a more detailed description of the related tasks, see the project proposal (www.scoop-program.org). Other teaching tasks relate to bachelor and master courses in the Department of Sociology, depending on the candidate’s expertise, and in supervising master and bachelor theses. The main part of the Assistant Professor’s research tasks consists in developing and implementing a theory guided empirical research project on the obstacles and facilitators of inter- and transdisciplinary cooperation and its effectiveness. The Assistant Professor will dedicate 40% of his/her time to research, and another 60% to teaching.
• a PhD degree in Sociology or a related field of study in the Social and Behavioural Sciences (e.g. social psychology, educational sciences…); multidisciplinary education is a plus
• willingness to help develop new forms of inter- and transdisciplinary training
• experience with quantitative (and preferably mixed) methods of collecting and analysing data
• experience in or affinity with working in inter- and transdisciplinary environments
• track record in or interest for research on cooperation and societal resilience
• proven ability to collaborate in a research or teaching team and to take the lead in organizing collaborative work
• good communication and project management skills
• in possession of the University Teaching Qualification (or willingness to obtain it within the first two years of employment)
• a relevant publication record with at least 3 first author publications in high quality international peer-reviewed journals over the last 5 years, or an equivalent publication record as a co-author or book author
• the ability to communicate orally and in written form in English (command of English C1 level) and command of Dutch (Dutch Is B1 level) or willingness to learn Dutch.
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences The vacancy is positioned in the Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences of the University of Groningen, as part of and in contribution to the NWO Gravitation Program SCOOP (www.scoop-program.org) and the University’s Strategic Theme Sustainable Society. In the context of its teaching innovation initiative, the Faculty funds an Assistant Professorship on Sustainable Cooperation and Transdisciplinarity. The position is part of a project jointly developed by the Departments of Sociology (Prof Wittek), Social Psychology (Prof Spears) and Teacher Education (Prof Jansen). The main affiliation of this Assistant Professor position will be with the Department of Sociology.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature