1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) at the University of Amsterdam invites applications for a one-year research position at the postdoc …
As an Assistant Professor, you will contribute to teaching, research and co-ordination tasks. Your main teaching tasks will be in Bachelor and Master courses related urban and institutional design, and in supervising Master and/or Bachelor theses. Other teaching tasks relate to s
As an Assistant Professor, you will contribute to teaching, research and co-ordination tasks. Your main teaching tasks will be in Bachelor and Master courses related urban and institutional design, and in supervising Master and/or Bachelor theses. Other teaching tasks relate to strengthening our interactive and transdisciplinary studio and atelier courses, building on your expertise. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a colleague with a keen interest in urban design approaches and techniques, and their meaning for institutional processes of planning and decision-making. The Assistant Professor will invest 60% of his/her time in teaching and management, and 40% in research (including PhD supervision).
The urban design studio and atelier courses reflect on the spatial dimension within the urban, as well as analyzing and evaluating the human environment in an integrated way. The courses are supportive to the institutional side of Spatial Planning. The position of assistant professor is meant to take a lead in developing the urban design studio and atelier environment, which includes the latest digital possibilities and virtual technologies. The position will as well connect the studio and atelier environment with a wide variety of spatial planning issues, including the more pressing ones, such as inner-city renewal programmes, climate change, multi-modal transport development and integrated urban transformation. Also a bridge has to be built with the latest institutional developments, such as multi-level governance, communicative action, community empowering and civil initiatives.
The Assistant Professor:
• has a PhD in the wider field of spatial planning, urban design, urbanism, landscape architecture, geography
• has an interest in, and has in depth knowledge about spatial design approaches and techniques, and it's meaning for institutional processes of planning and decision-making
• will develop and maintain design studio environment (atelier, laboratory, etc.) for research and education purposes
• has experience in various teaching approaches; awareness of and willingness to use the latest innovations in teaching techniques
• is in the possession of a university teaching qualification or is prepared to acquire this qualification within a reasonable timeframe
• will take a responsibility in one or more Faculty committees related to the educational programmes
• has publications in international peer-reviewed academic journals in the field of spatial design, spatial planning and urbanism
• will develop a research agenda which is in line with the Faculty and Department research focus and will supervise PhD students within this research focus
• contributes to profiling Departmental work on spatial design, development and innovation, and spatial planning and decision-making, also in collaboration with new and ongoing partnerships
• is fluent in English and Dutch or has the willingness to learn Dutch.
• conceptually capacity
• environmental orientation
• presenting skills
• result orientation.
Faculty of Spatial Sciences
The Department of Planning and Environment of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (RUG) is looking for an Assistant Professor Urban Design and Planning.
The Faculty of Spatial Sciences consists of 95 members of staff and around a thousand students. We focus on high quality teaching and research in the fields of cultural geography, demography, economic geography, and spatial planning. Our research theme is 'towards Wellbeing, Innovation and Spatial Transformation' (tWIST). It is our mission to produce research which is world-leading, distinctive, and policy-relevant. With two Bachelor and eight Master programmes, we provide a wide range of courses within the field.
The Department of Planning and Environment contributes to the Bachelor programmes of Spatial Planning & Design and Human Geography & Planning, and is responsible for the Master programmes Environment & Infrastructure Planning and Socio-spatial Planning. The Department’s research is centered around institutional design for purposeful interventions within the human environment. We continuously renew our research and educational programmes, for example by incorporating innovative digital developments. We further aim to develop and improve our Centre for Advanced Studies in Urban Science and Design (CASUS).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature