Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professors Applied Ethics or/and Social & Political Philosophy 2.0 FTE
Research, teaching (undergraduate and graduate courses, thesis advising), and some departmental service. We welcome applications from qualified candidates working in any sub-discipline within the areas of specialization mentioned above. We aim to fill (at least) one of the two po
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
Research, teaching (undergraduate and graduate courses, thesis advising), and some departmental service. We welcome applications from qualified candidates working in any sub-discipline within the areas of specialization mentioned above. We aim to fill (at least) one of the two positions with a candidate who works in the ‘Continental’ tradition of philosophy. Expertise in philosophical topics related to gender and/or race is especially welcome.
• PhD prior to appointment
• strong research profile and publication record appropriate to career stage
• excellent didactic qualities and strong teaching record
• willingness to apply for relevant research grants
• some experience with administrative duties and/or departmental service and/or professional service is welcomed
• excellent command of English
• for non-native speakers of Dutch: working knowledge of Dutch within 3 years after appointment.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience. For candidates at the Assistant Professor level, salary ranging from a minimum of € 3,545 (salary scale 11 of the Dutch Universities) gross per month to a maximum of € 5,513 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position, plus an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
The position will become permanent (not tenure track) after a probationary period of 2 years conditional on a positive performance review.
Starting date: 1 March 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter
You may apply for this position until 31 October 23:59h / before 1 November 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Please select the option to fill in your CV automatically and check whether the details are correct. Please combine all documents as given below into a single file, and upload it as a ‘letter of motivation’ attachment.
Applications should include the following documents:
1. Cover letter
2. Full CV, also including a list of publications and presentations, as well as a list of courses taught
3. A brief research statement (no more than 2 pages)
4. Teaching evaluations
5. A sample of written work (5,000 to 10,000 words)
6. The names and contact details of three academic references (who will be contacted regarding the candidates who are longlisted).
Deadline: 1 November 2018
We strongly encourage applications from female candidates and members of other groups currently underrepresented in academic philosophy.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Pauline Kleingeld, Chair Dept of Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy