Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API) at the University of Amsterdam advertises two 3-year postdoctoral fellowships on the theory of massive star …
The Centre for Sustainable Entrepreneurship of Campus Fryslân invites applications for motivated colleagues at the level of Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship / Business. You are expected to contribute to the development of the educational and research ...
The Centre for Sustainable Entrepreneurship of Campus Fryslân invites applications for motivated colleagues at the level of Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship / Business. You are expected to contribute to the development of the educational and research domains of sustainable entrepreneurship. You will have the unique opportunity to combine education with research while helping to shape the research programme. We are highly committed to building a diverse and dynamic academic community in Leeuwarden, and we expect a similar commitment from all our academic staff.
The Assistant Professors are expected to:
- develop and teach different courses in the MSc Sustainable Entrepreneurship that starts on 1 September 2018
- independently conduct research and supervise master and PhD students as part of the CSE activities
- contribute to business engagement including initiating and acquiring funding for new activities and actively looking for (international) partners to build alliances and consortia.
We are looking for outstanding scholars with expertise in (sustainable) entrepreneurship or business. We hire innovators who challenge existing paradigms and who are willing to collaborate with business partners. In addition, Assistant Professors must be enthusiastic teachers, able to supervise existing and new PhD projects. Synergies with ongoing activities in the CSE are an advantage.
The ideal candidates will have:
- a PhD degree in entrepreneurship, business or equivalent fields with academic or industrial experience appropriate to the career stage
- teaching experience in entrepreneurship, business or equivalent fields appropriate to the career stage
- experience of supervising master and PhD students in entrepreneurship, business or equivalent fields appropriate to the career stage
- appropriate research qualities as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals or publications and presentations at renowned conferences
- an excellent command of the English language, ability in Dutch is an asset
- an interest in transdisciplinary teaching, research and business engagement
- a University Teaching Qualification, or the willingness to acquire this qualification within two years after the starting date.
Campus Fryslân is the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research. We conduct cutting-edge research where local themes are connected to global issues, with a focus on four research flagships: 1) Governance, 2) Sustainable Economy, 3) Language, Culture & Technology, 4) Food & Health. Technology related issues represent a fast-growing aspect of our research and education. You will work at a state-of-the-art facility at one of the oldest and most prestigious European universities, in the European Capital of Culture 2018.The Campus’ motivated team values teamwork and provides a stimulating working environment in which mutual support is combined with room for individual initiative. You will become a member of our high-standing academic and international community. We challenge our staff and students to approach issues from multiple disciplines and encourage them to take a different view. We are curious about yours!
Within Campus Fryslân, you will be working at the Centre for Sustainable Entrepreneurship (CSE). The Centre is dedicated to balance and preserve the world’s valuable systems. Sustainable entrepreneurs generate new business models which substantially reduce social and environmental impacts whilst simultaneously improving the quality of societies. The Centre’s overall ambition is to create a circular society. This choice translates to (i) a new master’s programme for university students, (ii) state-of-the-art research for academic scholars, and (iii) inspiration for business leaders. The Centre provides university students, business leaders, and academic scholars with all the knowledge and competencies they need to make sustainable entrepreneurship successful.