1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Associate/Full Professor Geometry (1.0 FTE)
The associate/full professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Geometry, leading to an autonomous research programme. We are looking for a leader in an area within Algebraic Geometry or Differential Geometry. These fields are central areas
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The associate/full professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Geometry, leading to an autonomous research programme. We are looking for a leader in an area within Algebraic Geometry or Differential Geometry. These fields are central areas of Geometry, and they have strong connections to subjects like Algebraic Topology, Mathematical Physics, Harmonic Analysis, (discrete and continuous) Optimization, Number Theory, Coding Theory, and Cryptography.
The research should lead to publications in high impact scientific journals and to contributions to major conferences in the field of expertise. Supervision of PhD students and postdocs is an important part of the research activities. A strong involvement in the research theme Data Science and Systems Complexity or Cognitive Systems is expected. The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching within the bachelor and master programmes of Mathematics in the Undergraduate and Graduate Schools of Science and Engineering of the FSE. He/she contributes both to teaching existing courses, and to the development of new courses in mathematics engineering. The candidate is expected to have an active interest in and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute. At the level of the FSE, the candidate will contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees in the fields of teaching, research and management. The candidate will participate in relevant national and international organizations.
• a PhD degree in the field of Mathematics or related discipline
• a minimum of two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• fulfilled the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
ConditionsThe appointment of Associate Professor will be a tenured appointment. The gross monthly salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, will be from € 4,815 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6,438 (scale 14) gross per month for a full-time position. There will be an assessment at the end of a 4-7 -years period for the promotion to full professor.
The appointment of Full Professor will be a tenured appointment. The gross monthly salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, will be from € 5,334 up to a maximum of € 7,766 (salary scale H2 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position.
In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
You may apply for this position until 14 August 23:59h / before 15 August 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on this advertisement on the university website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a list of five self selected ‘best papers’
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Prof. J.B.T.M. Roerdink, Director of the Bernoulli Institute, phone +31 50 3633931, e-mail: email@example.com
Additional informationProf. G. Vegter
+31 50 3633930,
Prof. J. Top
+31 50 3633986,
Full profile report
Additional information about the research institute
Criteria and conditions of the faculty’s Career Paths in Science edition 3