Promovendus bij de Faculteit Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, School CAPHRI, Vakgroep Gezondheidsbevordering
Ongeveer 2 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
The associate/full professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Geometry, leading to an autonomous research programme. We are looking for a leader in an area within Algebraic Geometry or Differential Geometry. These fields are central areas
The associate/full professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Geometry, leading to an autonomous research programme. We are looking for a leader in an area within Algebraic Geometry or Differential Geometry. These fields are central areas of Geometry, and they have strong connections to subjects like Algebraic Topology, Mathematical Physics, Harmonic Analysis, (discrete and continuous) Optimization, Number Theory, Coding Theory, and Cryptography.
The research should lead to publications in high impact scientific journals and to contributions to major conferences in the field of expertise. Supervision of PhD students and postdocs is an important part of the research activities. A strong involvement in the research theme Data Science and Systems Complexity or Cognitive Systems is expected. The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching within the bachelor and master programmes of Mathematics in the Undergraduate and Graduate Schools of Science and Engineering of the FSE. He/she contributes both to teaching existing courses, and to the development of new courses in mathematics engineering. The candidate is expected to have an active interest in and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute. At the level of the FSE, the candidate will contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees in the fields of teaching, research and management. The candidate will participate in relevant national and international organizations.
• a PhD degree in the field of Mathematics or related discipline
• a minimum of two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• fulfilled the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• willing to learn the Dutch language.