PHD POSITION 'BALANCING NATURE AND CULTURE IN SOUTHWEST EUROPEAN LANDSCAPE EVOLUTION AND INTEGRATED LEGACIES'
2 dagen geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a full or associate professor as Neuromorphic Circuit-Design Engineer. We are looking for a visionary engineer or physicist with expertise in circuit design and integration of electronic devices in processing systems and ar
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a full or associate professor as Neuromorphic Circuit-Design Engineer. We are looking for a visionary engineer or physicist with expertise in circuit design and integration of electronic devices in processing systems and architectures. If interested, you will be expected to develop neuromorphic/cognitive circuits using memristive devices., that is to investigate memristors from the point of view of a circuit designer and computer architect. This includes, on the one hand, the description of key properties that are required for specific functionalities within the processor, as feedback for the materials and device scientists. On the other hand, within the research center, you will work closely with experts in memristive devices towards the development of cognitive chips/systems that are particularly designed to utilize the specific characteristics of new available materials. The position will be embedded in the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials with strong interactions with artificial intelligence, mathematics and computer science.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between theoretical and experimental groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.